Truth about RR Evoque in recent years

This is a discussion on Truth about RR Evoque in recent years within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all have read several posts and really appreciating the value of this forum. I am new to RR but in love with the look ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lemmy999
  • 1 Post By markdartj

Thread: Truth about RR Evoque in recent years

Member #

Hi all
    have read several posts and really appreciating the value of this forum.

I am new to RR but in love with the look of it. I am wrestling between a decision to buy an RR Evoque or Audi Q5.

My strong preference is RR but the reputation around reliability scares me. I've done a ton of online research and spoken to mechanics. There are mixed views out there but overall, it seems there is consensus that Range Rovers are improving, but that many many issue still exist.

Im sure the people participating in this forum love LR (and i dont blame you) but since only customers can speak to their real life experience, I would so appreciate if you could share that with me....have you had more problems then you think "are reasonable" for a car in this category? Is the Evoque worth the potential risk?
    Anyone know the Audi Q5 and might comment on the comparison?

thank you!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have a 2015 Evoque that I have had since 2017. I haven't had any issues besides some rattling and the sunglass holder until the turbo went out at 50,000 miles last year. My wife has a 2015 Q5 that she purchased a few months back and so far so good. It has this adaptive steering that is easier at slow speeds and stiffer at higher speeds. It seems to screw up sometimes and it is VERY hard to steer. It isn't repeatable and just doesn't do it often, so we haven't been able to diagnose it. While I do enjoy driving my Evoque, I expect the Q5 will have fewer problems. Land Rover is always near the bottom of all reliability ratings (usually only Fiat is lower). However there used to be a big gap between Land Rover and the next better manufacturer. It seems that Land Rover has at least caught up to the bottom now
    NewbieNeedsHelp likes this.

Member #
    I've had my 2014 Evoque for five years now. I've had no major issues other than the recalled sunglass holder no longer holds my sunglasses....I know; meh, and the stop/start has really never worked despite having it looked at for four years. In truth, I don't care about either. Comparing it to the Q-5, I'd say the Evoque looks lighter, while most of the other CUV's in the same class look slab sided and heavy. I remember Jeremy Clarkson talking about the BMW equivalent, and he didn't rate it very highly. As far as reliability, Also no problems, although I only have 36K in five years. One thing to take with a grain of salt is that these forums tend to only show the negative stuff, and probably don't represent a huge sample of the vehicles sold. Most folks would ignore these sites unless they have something that is really irritating albeit justifiable to complain about. You can probably find such forums for as many vehicles are out there. Cheers, and good luck with your choice.
    NewbieNeedsHelp likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi Lemmy999 - thank you so much for the detailed reply - very helpful!

Member #
    markdartj - thank you for the info. good to hear you haven't had worse issues.

Member #
    I have a 2013 Evoque. The battery needed replacing and it gave off a whole bunch of error codes and problems but it was all attributed to a dying battery. I did have a secondary fuel pump replaced that was causing some problems. Overall, nothing that was catastrophic or constantly recurring that couldn’t be figured out. I haven’t thought of getting rid of the car.

Ads