Proper ride for me?

Proper ride for me?

This is a discussion on Proper ride for me? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am just looking for a little analysis from some owners. Just started a new job that has given my wife and I a much ...

Member #

Proper ride for me?

I am just looking for a little analysis from some owners. Just started a new job that has given my wife and I a much better lifestyle. It was our third anniversary last night, I dropped my wife off at a very nice restaurant in my econo-box while I went and parked. As I parked, I felt a little embarrassed rolling up to the door in that car. Went and parked, of course, found a spot right next to an Evoque, and I was in love with it.

We live a fairly active lifestyle, I love being outdoors and have a great passion for kayaking. What I am looking for is a classy, not gigantic SUV that is off-road capable, can carry a kayak, and be enjoyable to drive. We have no children or plans for them, so interior space isn't a huge issue.

My key worries of the Evoque are: maintenance, reliability, and can (or even SHOULD) this thing carry a 17.5 foot kayak?
    My nearest dealership is an hour away, so a shop queen will not make me happy.
    Reliability goes hand in hand with this, also I don't want to break the bank maintaining it.
    Do you think a 17 foot kayak would look idiotic on such a nice car?

A test drive will come shortly, but in the meantime I will be scouting this forum for information.

Thanks for the input.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I think anything you put on the Evoque will look good/better. The question is will it fit? A 17.5' kayak will certainly impact your ability to open the rear hatch all the way. What are you carrying it on now...the econo-box?

I have no experience with maintenance yet, but my first scheduled service is 16k miles, just a couple thousand miles away...and it is free. You can certainly take it off road...the test drive at our local dealer included a pretty impressive demo on a closed course that included an assortment of stuff most owners will never tackle. I've had mine on rutted dirt/mud forest roads with no problems.

Member #
    I agree, the issue is the ability to open the boot. But the cross bars do sit high, so it might not be so bad. The Evoque is great for an active lifestyle with no kids. We have 3 dogs and no kids and it suits us well. So far, I've had only minor issues, but only time will tell. It is a new vehicle, and they always have minor issues. That having been said, the build quality and ride are fantastic, and I am really happy. Land Rover has gotten more reliable over the years, but is still not Acura. I'm hopeful it will be close tho! 9600 miles, so far so good....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the reply! The kayak currently resides upon my trusty 4x4:

Name:  n603100098_104700_5509.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  74.4 KB
    Basically my plan is to replace the econobox and the GMC with one classy Evoque. I just wonder if its a good idea slide that boat up on the RR and jump in after 4 hours of sweat-filled kayaking. My other idea is to keep the GMC for getting dirty and just get myself a nice sedan-style car to get around in for everything else. I'm so torn.

Member #
    I see the back hatch has been mentioned already. The roof rail system has a 165 lb limit in most configurations available. In the lineup of accessories, there's also the waterproof floor mats that are sort of like trays so they keep stuff from seeping off the edges, and seat covers available from LR for an exact fit. I think that's the exact idea that you put in the protective seat covers and mats specifically for weekend trips. It looks like your mount would require a rear trailer hitch receiver too for the aft end support. Oh, I've read those LR brand seat covers are a tight fit and tough to install. I've already seen some aftermarket seat covers that look like they have the necessary airbag seam down the side and they look like a quickly dropped on lose fit design.

Ads