2012 Evoque fuel issues

2012 Evoque fuel issues

This is a discussion on 2012 Evoque fuel issues within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi All new to this forum, I have a check engine light on and every time I fuel up the Evoque gives me a terrible ...

Member #

2012 Evoque fuel issues

Hi All new to this forum,
    I have a check engine light on and every time I fuel up the Evoque gives me a terrible time to crank. its starts to choke and I have to pump the gas a few times for it to start. I have noticed that if i leave the car running while I fuel up its fine. I am thinking its an issue with the purge valve? Can anyone provide a picture as to where this is located? I have searched google but cant find anything as well as this forum.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I had a similar problem with my nissan. It turned out to be the transmission fluid leaking into the radiator.

Member #
    I am experiencing the same issue. I however also have a check engine light. I took it to the shop for a diagnostic. They pushed yellow vapors through the fuel/emissions system to detect a leak visually and determined i needed to replace my "DMTL pump". They quoted me at $800 and i decided to attempt on my own at my own convenience. Theres not a lor of write ups on these forums so im having trouble determining what part to replace specifically (i think its the vapor cannistor purge valve) and how hard a fix it will be. Any updates on your end? Thanks and good luck. Ill help as much as i can but for now, your not the only one experiencing this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I fixed the issue by replacing the Evap canister purge valve. Part number LR045109. Took me 30 minutes

Ads