damaged front camera

damaged front camera

This is a discussion on damaged front camera within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; hey, i just got my wife a 16 plate evoque, HSE dyn LUX which has the surround cameras on it, all work great apart from ...

Member #

damaged front camera

hey,
    i just got my wife a 16 plate evoque, HSE dyn LUX which has the surround cameras on it, all work great apart from the front one.
    cant see any damage to the lens from the outside, but on the screen it looks kinda like fire damage, bit like the burn mark on plastic.
    anyways, thinking of just getting another one, any idea if there easy to swap, part numbers, rough cost etc?

thanks in advance for any help on the matter

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Mine was cracked and had water in it so it worked sporadically then failed. They would not replace under warranty and wanted about $400+ for the camera and an hour or two of labor to replace it. I found the exact camera on ebay from a seller in the UK. It was $65 shipped. On my 2015 it was fairly easy to replace. I thought I needed to remove the bumper, but really I just needed to take off the molding around the wheel on the side where the camera failed and then a couple of other small pieces and I could reach up in there and unclip it from the bumper and install the new one. If I did it now it would be about a 15 minute job. I know there was some question of a 4 pin vs a 6 pin camera, but in the end I got the correct one.

Again, mine is a 2015, but it seems that many online sites listed the part # as LR025912, but I contacted a dealer and he looked up my VIN and said the correct part is LR052028 and he opened the box and said it was a 6 pin camera and used on 2014-2015 and maybe 2016. The dealer said the LR025912 was used on the 2013 and older. The one I got from the UK said it was LR025912, but it was a plastic base 6 pin. The seller said the 6 pins were the newer ones and had a plastic base and the older ones were 4 pin and had a metal base. In the end the one I got was identical to the one I removed and was much cheaper.

Ads