Door mirror indicator not working

This is a discussion on Door mirror indicator not working within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi All, My 2013 dynamic 4x4d Evoque has failed its mot due to driver door indicator not working . Some years ago we incurred damage ...

Member #

Hi All,

My 2013 dynamic 4x4d Evoque has failed its mot due to driver door indicator not working .

Some years ago we incurred damage to the same wing mirror and there is a small 50p size round crack in the plastic cover .

The led strip does look like it contains some moisture and is def not clear as is the other side.

How do I remove the cover to investigate / replace the led strip ?

Any help greatly appreciated .

Thanks
    Pim

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the exploded view parts diagram at the link below. It looks to me that the mirror cover "pops off", as the diagram doesn't show any fasteners.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...utside-mirrors

Member #
    Hi All

Thanks for your help/input.

The cover does indeed pops off using a plastic panel remover starting at outer corner working upwards towards door.

Led indicator has sustained damage from the wing mirror collision some years earlier and either recently stopped working due to corrosion or hasnt worked since collision and 2 previous Mots ( done by dealership !) did not pick up .

It's arguable that door indicator is part of mot given front indicators are wrap round and can be seen from side .

Cheers
    Pim

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ads