2013 Evoque coolant leak near firewall

This is a discussion on 2013 Evoque coolant leak near firewall within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Good day everyone , I have a 2013 Evoque and have been noticing a coolant leak near rear of the engine compartment and wasn't able ...

Member #

Good day everyone , I have a 2013 Evoque and have been noticing a coolant leak near rear of the engine compartment and wasn't able to find it. Looking further into it there was no actual leak from the engine, on the fire wall of the engine bay is the fibre insulator which I noticed was wet so I pulled it back and in behind there is a small black plastic tube that has a flip up door on one end which is where the coolant is seeping from. Does anyone know what the heck that is , I have looked and have no idea , I have attached some pics as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by peety8; 10-31-2019 at 11:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

I did a Google search for different permuntations of the number shown in your picture. Have a look at the link below. It shows it as 022B52 "Valve Assy". Don't know what it is for, maybe ask a Ford dealer parts department. Can't believe it costs much, unless you have to purchase the tube it's attached to. The old next higher assembly gotcha

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/52/no/0/1756/16347/71307/

Member #
    Im not sure what I am looking at... can you take a picture more zoomed out. But the trapdoor which your describing sounds a lot like the hvac. So id say its either your heater core or tranmission coolant line.

Have you been using your heat a lot and noticing the leak?
    Not doubting you but your sure it coolant? it looks more oily brown to me.
    Last edited by aulus; 11-01-2019 at 08:15 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Turns out this is the drain tube for the A/C where the water would drain out while having the a/c in use , if your heater core has a leak it also comes out this drain tube and ours is leaking unfortunately

Ads