Help needed with interior lighting problem...

This is a discussion on Help needed with interior lighting problem... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have a 2014 Evoque and the interior lighting will not light up when the doors open. I have done the setting and it is ...

Member #

I have a 2014 Evoque and the interior lighting will not light up when the doors open. I have done the setting and it is set to auto. Last time I did it, it worked fine for about two days, then quit again. Checked the setting and it was still in auto mode. Is there something else I should check? it's annoying not having light when getting into the vehicle at night.
    Last edited by stonemiser; 01-12-2020 at 06:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Do the interior lights work manually, i.e. if you touch the courtesy light lens, or either map light, do they turn on? If they work manually, that might help narrow down where the problem lies.

Just a thought

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Do the interior lights work manually, i.e. if you touch the courtesy light lens, or either map light, do they turn on? If they work manually, that might help narrow down where the problem lies.

Just a thought

Yes, they work fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have been having the same problem. They do and they don’t. The trunk also works when it wants to when opening. No problem when closing. Will be going in for service next month but would love to hear a good answer before I have to pay for something that I could probably do.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CE5648 View Post
    I have been having the same problem. They do and they don’t. The trunk also works when it wants to when opening. No problem when closing. Will be going in for service next month but would love to hear a good answer before I have to pay for something that I could probably do.

I am having EXACTLY the same issues, both with the interior lights and the trunk! Do you think it could be battery related? I sure would love an answer too! I don't like getting into a dark car inside.

Please let me know if you find out what it is.

2016 Pure Plus Evoque

Member #
    For the light. Start the car, and press and hold the center map light till it flashes. Ur console will display auto light on. As for the trunk. Still searching on that fix.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CE5648 View Post
    For the light. Start the car, and press and hold the center map light till it flashes. Ur console will display auto light on. As for the trunk. Still searching on that fix.
    Done that at least a hundred times. Nothing works. Still says it's on Auto. But will not work when opening the door or unlocking the doors. I'm thinking battery. Seems to work fine with the car running. Not exactly sure.

Ads