Add HDD Nav After Sale

Add HDD Nav After Sale

This is a discussion on Add HDD Nav After Sale within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi, I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of whether the HDD Navigation system could be added to a Pure model as an after ...

Member #

Add HDD Nav After Sale

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of whether the HDD Navigation system could be added to a Pure model as an after sales extra?

As the media unit is the same size on all models surely you could swap the HDD Nav unit with the standard unit in a Pure?

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

Buying the Pure for my wife but she doesnt want it without Navigation but Im not going to get her Dynamic or Prestige model.
    Also not prepared to wait till next year for her own spec.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Honestly I would recommend buying a Pure Plus without Nav and without the solar heated windshield. Buy the latest Garmin navigation system for a fraction of the price. While it won't be integrated, it will be much easier to use, lightening fast with voice command and free lifetime updates. We love our Evoque to drive, but the Nav interface is cumbersome, slow to operate (painfully so), and a serious flaw in the overall design and execution of this vehicle. I am contemplating selling our Evoque because of it - it's that bad. We are new to the area and rely on the navigation system every time we are in the vehicle. The current system is taking away the joy of driving an otherwise great vehicle. Also, I just purchased the 2013 HDD Nav update from Navteq. First, it cost nearly $300 with tax. Second, it hasn't performed the update despite 6 (and counting) attempts to do so. It crashed the entire Media system. Based on our experience, make sure you understand all options before purchasing before making a mistake like we did. We have a Prestige model, mostly for the better seats, but would probably buy a base model if I were to do it all over again. Hopefully, Land Rover puts the right amount of investment to redesign the Nav system for future vehicles.

Member #
    The more I read about how bad the NAV system is, I am glad that I did not get it. I too have a Garmin NUVI and it is a breeze to use and I think I spent $130 at Walmart last year for it.

Ads