Length of ownership, extended warranties and all

This is a discussion on Length of ownership, extended warranties and all within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I had picked up my Evoque a week ago and was surprised that the dealer said he typically doesn't go over extended warranties since all ...

Member #

I had picked up my Evoque a week ago and was surprised that the dealer said he typically doesn't go over extended warranties since all the LR owners trade theirs in before warranty expires, instead going over wheel/tire insurance, paint protection, etc. Kinda caught me off guard but I wondered how true this was. I wrench quite abit myself and was planning on keeping the Evoque for a long time coming(would attempt most things myself after warranty or private specialty garage). Was wondering if I am better off inquiring on extended warranties from LR if owners are truly not keeping these vehicles past warranty.

Interesting note: My credit union who tries to sell extended warranty whenever you close auto loans, said that the company won't even touch LR's since "owners go off road often and they're too expensive to repair" 0.0

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    i keep my vehicles a long time (last one was 160K miles and 6 years.) I never buy the warranties. I think they are a waste of $. The LR reputation gave me pause, but I still didn't do it. Most people in the auto industry have told me they laugh at their customers who fall for that ploy, as it is such a money maker for the dealership. Maybe LR is different somehow. I put so many miles on cars that I would be off the warranty fast, anyway.

Just my opinion.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    @Evocurious: I've never purchased any of the extended warranties for my vehicles(about 9 so far, 3 of which were new purchases) but the only other "luxury" vehicle I've owned was a Lincoln(09 MKX) and a Cadillac(11 CTS wagon). If either of them had issues beyond the warranty, I would have been more than able to find a local garage that won't be expensive(or self fix). However, the closest "exotic" foreign brand I've had was a Mini but those aren't too expensive to fix either. The Range Rover marque is just giving me the jitters ;p I guess one could argue that if you could afford the brand, you'd be able to afford to fix it. It don't mean I like doing it however. Never having owned a Land Rover(and reading the spotty track record of past), gave me some doubt.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yes, I see your point. It still is a gamble on it, though. LR's reputation has improved since the days of complete unreliability. In fact, Jaguar went to nearly the top of the list recently, and I bet LR follows closely behind in years to come. In addition, most of the things that crack up are electronics, etc. I don't see myself repairing all the gadgets that break (heated seats, power mirrors, entertainment system) necessarily. Usually the engines stay sound. There's not a right answer in the end. It just is up to your level of comfort with things, I guess... Personally, I think if I have enough problems that I would want an extended warranty, I will dump the car afterall. But who knows. So far I am 11K miles in and I still am very happy with the choice.
    Best of luck to you-

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I have owend about 10 new cars or trucks, have never bought an extended warranty. Until 4 years ago, I put about 30K a year on a car or truck.

I never even considered it on the Evoque, which will see only 10K or so miles a year, most likely less.

I also never get it for my motorcycles, which see about 15 to 20K miles a year.

Not one car or bike in hind sight have I ever wished I bought the extended warranty

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Extended warranty companies have become much like health insurance companies. They want a lot of money up front, and they don't like to pay claims. We have experienced extended warranty companies sending aftermarket non- oem parts to us rather than pay suggested retail for genuine Land Rover parts, and the latest trend is to pro- rate repairs by sending USED units like engines, transmissions, and differentials.
    Technicians work in a flat-rate pay system and if a car has an extended warranty, don't expect them to look for things to fix. The time it takes to estimate the repair and then haggle with insurance inspectors and adjusters is not worth their time.
    Take care of your car, and you won't need an extended warranty. Build quality and component reliability is very good these days.

Ads