Glitches,... :-(

This is a discussion on Glitches,... :-( within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello Forum: Owning the Evoque for cca 4 months,... and there are some electronic glitches appearing,... - every other day I found a seat in ...

Member #

Hello Forum:

Owning the Evoque for cca 4 months,... and there are some electronic glitches appearing,...

- every other day I found a seat in very strange position and I have the - re-adjust it via Memory function,... a bit annoying.

- today a telephone commanding buttons on the wheel stops to work for a couple of hours (???) then starts to work again,...

Hmmm,....

I absolutly LOVE the car other ways - very, very Premium touch&feel (Couture interior) - but I am not used to these things in my current/past MINI, Audi, VW Passat, Citroen (!?),...

Any comments,...

BR : MM

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I also have had the seat in different position on two occasions during my 2 and 1/2 months of ownership. We'll keep my eye on it. If it continues, I will address during my first service visit at 7,500 miles.

Member #
    The only problem I've had is yesterday after putting it into reverse the entire nav system rebooted other than that I havent had any issues. I've never had my seats move on their own though. I do feel a little move in the seat when I get in or out of the car but not in a completly different position just a little blip.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've had a few "electronic" glitches myself. I'm assuming they're electronic anyways.

1. Started the vehicle and shifter knob does not pop up. Restarted and it worked. Happened once thus far. No biggie but I'll report to the dealer if it occurs again.

2. Back up camera doesn't auto-engage at reverse gear. I guess this happens to some owners if they turn on the vehicle and immediately shift so not a biggie either.

Overall, like many owners, I love the vehicle. I actually find myself wanting to drive more(more so than when I had "fun-driving" vehicles like the Mini and Subaru WRX).

Member #
    Oh and in regards to the seat moving: There's an exit/enter seat position that you can turn on and off. It makes getting in and out easier. That might be what's causing your seat to reset to a different position.

Member #
    I have never had the seat issue. Once the shift nob did not pop up. Some times I have been to quick to shift to reverse afer starting and the camera does not come on.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #

Switch,...

I am aware about this function, I switched it off, but it is still happening now and then,...

BR : Miha

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Oh and in regards to the seat moving: There's an exit/enter seat position that you can turn on and off. It makes getting in and out easier. That might be what's causing your seat to reset to a different position.
    Ah maybe this is why mine moves a little bit. How do you enable/disable the enter/exit position?
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by infinus View Post
    Ah maybe this is why mine moves a little bit. How do you enable/disable the enter/exit position?
    The menu that you access via the screen between tach and speedo. Does the Evoque have key fob memory function? I know the Caddy had it where each key fob could save settings including mirror and radio settings.

Member #
    I have had a few one-time glitches, all of them resolved by restarting the car. Never had the seat thing, except when I have accidentally hit a memory button with my wrist upon getting in or out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ads