Creaking on doors.

Creaking on doors.

This is a discussion on Creaking on doors. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi. Does anyone have a problem with their new Evoques having creaking in their doors? Mine is on the driver's side. It's like plastic or ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Creaking on doors.

Member #

Creaking on doors.

Hi. Does anyone have a problem with their new Evoques having creaking in their doors? Mine is on the driver's side. It's like plastic or stuff which has been tighten too tight. It's more apparent when I am driving up carpark slopes.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Mine is creaking on all four doors now .dealer have ordered parts but will take three weeks

Member #
    This seems pretty common.
    Try lubricating the rubber stripping with WD 40. This helped mine. Then I purchased "Gummi Pflege Stift", a more longer lasting lubricant and things have been much quieter,
    Apparently it's partly due to the unibody construction and flexing of the doors.
    Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hello there Scratt123, Our evoque seems to have the same creaking problems you are having. Could you please advise as to what parts your dealer are ordering to resolve. The door creaking on our evoque is worse on warm dry days, think its to do with the outer felt seals that touch the body of the car ?

Member #
    Hi Will update you as soon as I know .it goes in this weds and have told them don't want it back until it is sorted as they did my passenger door at first then three weeks later it was back along with the other three doors

Member #
    Thanks you for your reply, will look forward to your reply when you get your evoque back later this week. I have also been told that if you use a liquid called gummi phlege this cures our problems - this stuff can be found on e bay, it seems to be a lubricant that is for car door seals

Member #
    Hello everyone,
    CRACKING SOUNDS in the doors...
    I noticed the same issue and when I touched the screws that hold the hinge, specially in the drivers side, they were completely loose.

You need to inspect all screws from all doors, you will notice they are loose, all you need to do is TIDE THEM UP and the cracking noise will disapear.

Hey, it is a 60K worth car...at least we should face some problems!
    First and last Range Rover...waiting to sell mine and move to a JEEP Grand Cherokee Overland (way superior) have a look personally, you will be impressed.

Regards,
    brazeagle

Member #
    Hi TobyGot car back today worse then ever! They replaced all four door seals but no joy.then got in it tonight and everything went haywire .no lights on console, blind spot switched itself off iPod would not connect,sat nav stalled etc etc think its having a hissy fit lol

Member #
    Scratt what has the dealership advised their next step is to rectify your creaking doors / seals? also how come you are having issues with the other things?
    Has your dealership requested a technician from landrover comes to your dealership to take a look at your car to advise? Lets know as ours goes in a week monday

Member #
    Hi TobyMy dealership rang me yesterday and could not apologise enough. He said that land rover said replacing all four seals was appropriate but obviously not worked so he is going to speak to them again and see what else can be done .apparantly they have two other cars in that are having the same problem with the seals so glad it's not just me being paranoid lol. Regarding the other problems he said just to keep an eye on it and if it happens again will have it straight in.let me know what happens at your dealership.are you based in the uk?Cheers Claire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads