Road Trip

Road Trip

This is a discussion on Road Trip within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; This past week marked my second longest trip in my Evoque. My wife and I visited Durango, Silverton and Telluride, Colorado taking a 12 mile ...

Thread: Road Trip

Member #

Road Trip

This past week marked my second longest trip in my Evoque. My wife and I visited Durango, Silverton and Telluride, Colorado taking a 12 mile off road stint between Durango and Silverton (Lime Creek Road) that I last made in my Jeep. Not being sure about the clearance I took it easy over the rough stuff, never once having an issue. At one point I had to wait for two guys to turn their small suv around as they had bottomed out and given up. Only issue was my wife got a little nervous when we topped out above Lime Creek where the road narrowed...and narrowed again. Apparently it looked pretty daunting from her side of the Evoque, and there were no guard rails. After Telluride we drove to Colorado Springs for a wedding and then on to Santa Fe for more R&R. The trip was exactly 1720 miles and over that distance (that included a few mountain passes) the computer said we averaged 25.3mpg and 53mph. Somewhere in NM I may have exceeded the speed limit according to my GPS. I am very pleased with the overall performance of this vehicle and it is easily the most comfortable pocket rocket I have ever owned. If I can figure out how best to mount my Yakima Skybox I plan to take it to the OBX later this month...about a 6k round trip from Phoenix.

After about 5000 miles of road trips I am starting to feel like the lone ranger...I've yet to spot an Evoque on any of my trips. The rest of you guys need to get out a little more...lol.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm going offroading Saturday with Scottsdale Land Rover out in the superstition mountains, glad to hear the Evoque was able to cope ok when the going got tougher. I plan to take a lot of road trips too but I need to save those vacation days as I used most of them last summer on my 8000 mile road trip around the country in my ISF. I also hope to get up to utah this winter for some snowboarding. One of the PA's I work with has a home and cabin up there.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwarur View Post
    This past week marked my second longest trip in my Evoque. My wife and I visited Durango, Silverton and Telluride, Colorado taking a 12 mile off road stint between Durango and Silverton (Lime Creek Road) that I last made in my Jeep. Not being sure about the clearance I took it easy over the rough stuff, never once having an issue. At one point I had to wait for two guys to turn their small suv around as they had bottomed out and given up. Only issue was my wife got a little nervous when we topped out above Lime Creek where the road narrowed...and narrowed again. Apparently it looked pretty daunting from her side of the Evoque, and there were no guard rails. After Telluride we drove to Colorado Springs for a wedding and then on to Santa Fe for more R&R. The trip was exactly 1720 miles and over that distance (that included a few mountain passes) the computer said we averaged 25.3mpg and 53mph. Somewhere in NM I may have exceeded the speed limit according to my GPS. I am very pleased with the overall performance of this vehicle and it is easily the most comfortable pocket rocket I have ever owned. If I can figure out how best to mount my Yakima Skybox I plan to take it to the OBX later this month...about a 6k round trip from Phoenix.After about 5000 miles of road trips I am starting to feel like the lone ranger...I've yet to spot an Evoque on any of my trips. The rest of you guys need to get out a little more...lol.
    Sounds like a fun trip!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by infinus View Post
    I'm going offroading Saturday with Scottsdale Land Rover out in the superstition mountains, glad to hear the Evoque was able to cope ok when the going got tougher. I plan to take a lot of road trips too but I need to save those vacation days as I used most of them last summer on my 8000 mile road trip around the country in my ISF. I also hope to get up to utah this winter for some snowboarding. One of the PA's I work with has a home and cabin up there.
    How was the offroading in the Superstitions? Have thought about doing something with LR Scottsdale, so how was the experience?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwarur View Post
    How was the offroading in the Superstitions? Have thought about doing something with LR Scottsdale, so how was the experience?
    It was awesome we had about 7 cars that showed up, I was the only Range Rover in the bunch, there was another evoque that was scheduled to come but was a no-show. I was suprised at how well the evoque did considering some of the terrain we went over! I'll be putting up a thread soon with pictures and video
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Ads