Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system

This is a discussion on Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning ...

Member #

Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning how bad the sound staging was in the Evoque (325W version). He suggested upgrading the amps and adding a processor to make use of time delay to rectify the problem. Will still use the car's HU so it would screw up the electronics.

Any comments?
    Dynamic // Si4 // 5 door // Mauritius Blue // Black Roof // Vortex Interior // 20" Style 6 Wheels // Front & Rear Parking Aid// Auto Dim r.view mirror//voice control//hdd nav//load retention system.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I think worrying about the sound stage in a car is a little silly as you typically have to sit dead center to hear the full effect which would mean driving while seated on the center console. I suppose you could try to improve it with balance controls and separate EQ's but I don't see how a digital delay is going to improve anything as you're already an almost equal distance from the left and right sides. Additional processing nearly always degrades the original signal. Since most of us listen to MP3's or satellite, there isn't a lot of signal quality in the first place so in my opinion it's best to keep it simple, but that's just me.

Better amps and speakers on the other hand are never a bad thing. If I had to choose between doing that or adding a digital processor it would be an easy call.

Ads