HD Radio sucks

HD Radio sucks

This is a discussion on HD Radio sucks within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I bought my 2012 RR Evoque Dynamic in Nov 2011. Something is wrong with my HD Radio. The HD signal keeps dropping in after 30 ...

Thread: HD Radio sucks

Member #

Thumbs up HD Radio sucks

I bought my 2012 RR Evoque Dynamic in Nov 2011. Something is wrong with my HD Radio. The HD signal keeps dropping in after 30 secs or so. It goes to regular analog signal and comes back to HD again. I have taken my car to dealer twice and they said they updated some firmware and should have fixed problem but problem still exists. One time the service guy told me there is a recall on this issue. Anyone else with this problem??? This is really annoying when listening to music.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have the same problem. I stopped listening to the radio. I live 10 miles from my local stations and they still drop in and out of hd. Very annoying. Thx for posting it. I thought it was my radio and was going to let it fly. Of course, I came from a BMW which had atrocious radio reception so I'm kind of used to it.

Member #
    I have not noticed mine dropping the HD, but twice now it has changed to a different HD station, then back to the one I was listening too.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's because HD signal isn't at full strength so you'll intermittently lose the HD signal and it'll want to revert back to regular. I just turn my option off so it stays with regular. At least it keeps the audio constant. Problem with the system that it will continually attempt to reconnect to the HD signal instead of waiting for a reliable signal.

Member #
    Mine doesn't drop, but I have noticed the HD sounding "tinny"...anyone else notice this? Any resolution?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Mine doesn't drop, but I have noticed the HD sounding "tinny"...anyone else notice this? Any resolution?
    That dropping of volume is the signal going from a HD signal to regular signal or a weaker HD signal. There's no resolution, from what I understand, until HD radio is more mainstream and the strength increases across the board.

Member #
    My HD TV does the same. Only possible to view/listen to when stationary. When driving the sound/picture constantly stops.

Member #
    Just had my 1st service and one of the recalls performed was replacing the radio receiver.

Member #
    Ditto here! Drops in and out, very "tinny" sound. Will check on recall.

Ads