Evoque Forums banner

Pure Leather

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  scrannel 
#1 ·
Looking for owner experiences here. I purchased my vehicle with less than 80 miles on it. One thing I did notice at delivery was the leather in the driver's seat was shiny... the look a seat gets after it is used for a while. Most new cars I have had with leather have a matte feeling at delivery. The passenger seat is the same way though maybe just slightly less so. The rear seats are about the same as the passenger seat though maybe slightly less so. The driver's and rear seats are definitely different but not as stark as I am making it out to be.

In addition the door handle leather seemed to be worn, as in "smooth". Again, typically it is matte leather where the grain is very much bumpy.

I have almond/espresso interior ... can anyone share experiences? The car was new so I don't see that it could have been use... perhaps it was just bad detailing by the dealer prior to delivery. If that's the case I can simply recondition/reclean the leather to restore the matte look right?

#2 ·
I don't have a shine in my Pure trimmed Evoque, but my drivers seat leather is discoloring or yellowing - just below one leg, my right. I also see a bit of the same discoloration in the back seat where my ten year old boy tends to sit. I can't seem to scrub hard enough to remove the spot. Not cool.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

#3 · (Edited)
Scrubbing not good, use proper cleaners like a Lexol Cleaner or Leatherique Rejuvenator oil and Pristine clean. Oils are impregnating the leather. Picking up the sweaty kid from soccer practice probably doesn't help. Natural body oils will cause yellowing. Would you have the almond/expresso interior? As owner of Ivory white leather Jags, they take more care! The Leatherique products are superb!

#4 ·
I haven't tried Leatherique, but the Lexol stuff doesn't ever seem to "clean" the leather. If my leather is really dirty then I use Griots "interior cleaner" and the dirt comes right up. Always treat with some form of leather care right afterwards. My new Evoque came with a Land Rover leather cleaner bottle in the glove box! haven't tried it yet, looks thin like alcohol.

#6 ·
Oh yeah I used both orange and brown, orange is their cleaner. Well it doesn't really clean dirt off because it's way too mild. I wasted years trying to clean my Porsche Boxster Red leather with that stuff. And the first time I tried Griot's interior cleaner I was shocked! I'm sure the bottle that range rover puts in their new deliveries will work just as well. You just don't want to scrub too hard because it can pick up die from the leather. And I recommend going over it with leather conditioner afterwards so it stays moistured up.

#7 ·
I've always heard good things about Griot cleaners but have not tried them. Leatherique products are supposedly the car show peoples choice so I tried that and it been really great. Will look for Griots next time I buy some Leather products as your back to back camparo is real world evaluation.Does it give off that new leather aroma we all love?

#8 ·
No, the "interior cleaner" is exactly that a cleaner. Hence I said you need to follow up with "leather care" or any other leather product designed to put oils back into the leather. Don't go overboard with "interior cleaner" on your leather, it will strip the color out if you rub too hard and use too much. But the Lexol stuff doesn't really clean the dirt off, it's not a real cleaner. The Range Rover bottle that came with my car works equally to Griot's "interior cleaner" and must be followed up with leather care. The aroma should come from the leather care product you choose :)

#10 ·
I'm not pleased with my leather at all I'm sorry to say.:( It's still discolored a lot both on my drivers seat and the back passenger side where my son sits. We're pretty tidy people too. I've tried a few leather cleaners, but it's really not making any substantial difference.

Does anyone know of any seat cover options as I'm afraid I'm at that point. I know Clazzio makes a very very nice seat cover but not for Range Rovers of course. I'm afraid I'll have to resort to the covers I found in the link below (Range Rover Evoque Accessorie from Pure Evoque, Parts and Accessories for your Land Rover Range Rover Evoque) here for daily driving and take them off when I have a passenger I need to impress along for a ride.

I just don't know of anything better. Click Here >> EVOQUE SEAT COVER OPTIONS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.