2013 Evoque Dynamic FAIL

2013 Evoque Dynamic FAIL

This is a discussion on 2013 Evoque Dynamic FAIL within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; 3 months after ordering our $62K Evoque Dynamic it finally arrived and we picked it up today. The dealership is less than a mile from ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Thumbs up 2013 Evoque Dynamic FAIL

3 months after ordering our $62K Evoque Dynamic it finally arrived and we picked it up today. The dealership is less than a mile from the highway and as I started down the on-ramp the car would not accelerate beyond 25mph. I had to drive 2 miles in the emergency lane with trucks speeding buy us, limping the car back to the dealership. Obviously no one had test driven the car before we drove it off the lot ...although the car had 17 miles on it. Hmm Perhaps 17 miles creeping along at less than 25mph? I dropped the keys off and told the dealer to tear up my check and paperwork ..... Beyond disappointing !!! I really don't care what they say the problem is, if a manufacturer and dealer will let you take possession of a vehicle that is faulty and dangerous I can't bring myself to hoping things will be better in the future. Unfortunately I'm off to the BMW dealer on Monday!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Was there an engine or restricted performance indication on the dash? Did this happen on your test drive before accepting the car? Sorry to hear about that and I'm very curious what could cause that and if it is a simple dealer preparation item they missed on the checklist.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin.it View Post
    Was there an engine or restricted performance indication on the dash? Did this happen on your test drive before accepting the car? Sorry to hear about that and I'm very curious what could cause that and if it is a simple dealer preparation item they missed on the checklist.
    There was NO engine light or restricted performance light on the dash. We did not drive the car before accepting it, the dealer assured me that everything was checked out with the prep. After looking through the forum here It seems this is a problem that is know to LR when driving in wet conditions, and it was snowing today here in Utah today.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Some idiot didn't take the car out of Transport Mode before delivering it to you. There is a speed limiter that prevents the car going over 25mph when it is in Transport Mode. The car probably was never put through Pre Delivery Inspection. Seen it before, unfortunately. Sales people are in too big a hurry to get you in the car to do it right sometimes.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchbender412i View Post
    Some idiot didn't take the car out of Transport Mode before delivering it to you. There is a speed limiter that prevents the car going over 25mph when it is in Transport Mode. The car probably was never put through Pre Delivery Inspection. Seen it before, unfortunately. Sales people are in too big a hurry to get you in the car to do it right sometimes.
    I was actually thinking it could be something like that, then I stayed up late reading all of the posts about the malfunctioning perhaps caused by condensation in the inter cooler. If the dealer says it was just the transport mode setting would you still buy the car given all of the issues on here about the car dropping into safe mode due to inter-cooler condensation or something else ... When they still don't have a fix yet?

Member #
    PCDan : Sorry to hear that, I would say that I am a bit concerned , I too just got my 2013 Dynamic Evoque from Utah a week ago today! So far knock on wood, everything is fine. I have been in snow, rain & negative temperatures & have had no problems. The car isn't even kept garaged. Already put about 1000 miles on it. I will keep you all posted.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PCDan View Post
    If the dealer says it was just the transport mode setting would you still buy the car given all of the issues on here about the car dropping into safe mode due to inter-cooler condensation or something else ... When they still don't have a fix yet?
    Sure, but I would ask for a better price first for your trouble. If it makes you feel any better, many of us including me have had no problems with this car. On the other hand my brand new Porsche (German reliability) has already been flat bedded back to the dealer.

Member #
    The car was still in "transport mode" as Wrenchbender figured. Having the car delivered.

Member #
    Let us know how you like it.

Member #
    Can transport mode be enabled and disabled by the user? It would be nifty as a valet mode
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads