The logic behind the child lock

This is a discussion on The logic behind the child lock within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am struggling to figure out the logic behind the child safety feature of the rear doors. Once you engaged the child lock by turning ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cousin.it

Thread: The logic behind the child lock

Member #

I am struggling to figure out the logic behind the child safety feature of the rear doors. Once you engaged the child lock by turning the lock screw the following happens:

The door cannot be opened from the inside (good).
    The door can only SOMETIMES be opened from the outside (bad). I can never replicate when it opens or when it doesn't; however sometimes it opens after you click the UNLOCK button on your car key.

Can anyone help me figure out how it is supposed to work? It freaks me out not being able to quickly get access to my kid even as the car is still/idling.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    In the occupant safety section of the manual it states that all that setting on the door does is disables the interior door handle. All of the doors are independently on the door locking mechanism.

That said, there are two door lock modes. One that only unlocks the driver's door and another setting selection that when you unlock the car all doors unlock together. I believe that's burried in one of the setup menus. That's what is likely making it hard to understand. Look for Single Point Entry versus Multi-Point Entry in the setup menus. If you're in single point mode I think you have to push the unlock button on the fob twice.
    tokeloke likes this.

Ads