Dashcam Mounting is impossible [FYI!]

This is a discussion on Dashcam Mounting is impossible [FYI!] within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; There is no good place to mount one in this car! I spent an hour trying to get the best location and I have settled ...

Member #

There is no good place to mount one in this car! I spent an hour trying to get the best location and I have settled with a spot that shows a huge right hand side bias. In my Lexus, the rain sensor is integrated into the mirror mount and there is ample room behind and under the mirror.

• You can't mount it under the mirror as there is a rain sensor and the cluster is huge. It looks like you mounted a camera to the middle of the windscreen.
    • You can't mount it on the left of the mirror because you won't be able to move the rear view mirror.
    • You also cannot mount it too close to the centre-right because it will show the dot matrix.

I guess if you drive on the right hand side, you could mount it on the centre-left, but the power cable would be at an awkward position in most dash cameras.

Basically my reaction after the third try.

FML.

And now to get it hardwired tomorrow at the shop.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I believe that is the auto high beam sensor.Which cam do you have and where are you wiring it to?I'm considering doing the same

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb321 View Post
    I believe that is the auto high beam sensor.Which cam do you have and where are you wiring it to?I'm considering doing the same
    BlackVue DRG400-HD. I also have an Itronics ITB-100HD on order as well.

It will be wired to the fusebox to run even when the car is powered off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    why a dashcam, especially hardwired? doing that much off roading or documenting of it?
    Keep calm, and squeeze the trigger.

Member #
    I got the same cam as you but wanted to find out how you hard wired it in?I have tried to wire on via glove box fuse board with a piggy back fuse but only getting 4-6v at the board. But at the cigar lighter getting full 12v. Any instructions on how u wired yours would be appreciated.

Ads