How long does it take to replace an Evoque door?

How long does it take to replace an Evoque door?

This is a discussion on How long does it take to replace an Evoque door? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; On the evenng of October 18 while enjoying dinner at a friends, a neighbor backed out of her garage/driveway and did a number on my ...

Member #

Angry How long does it take to replace an Evoque door?

On the evenng of October 18 while enjoying dinner at a friends, a neighbor backed out of her garage/driveway and did a number on my Evoque. Funny thing is she was driving a 2005 Jeep Wrangler like the one I sold when I purchased the Evoque. Thankfully, the damage was restricted to the driver's side front door. The spare tire on the Jeep did most of the damage. Two days later I took it to the dealer in Scottsdale for an estimate. Initially I was led to believe there was a replacement door somewhere in CA, but further investigation led to bad news...the door had to be shipped from England. As a result, another 3 weeks passed before I could drop the car for repair. Today, 3 days later I got a call from the body shop suggesting more damage to internal door parts was discovered and now it appears the earliest I will get my car back is December 28th, a full 6 weeks after my initial visit to the dealer, and almost 3 weeks after handing the vehicle off for repair. The good news is there are few if any used parts out there, but the bad news is you will have to wait for the new parts a very long time.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My Evoque was smash in a hit n' run accident about two months ago. It took 6 weeks from start to finish to complete the repairs and most of that I think was attributed to the parts availability. I think it took about 3-3.5 weeks to get the parts from overseas.

Member #
    depend on the parts if it's available in the country. Apparently even if it's available in other dealership, they won’t give it away because parts are hard to come by so either way it has to be ordered from the UK. My windshield glass took about 2 weeks to get but my headlights was on backorder and took over a month to get..
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab View Post
    My Evoque was smash in a hit n' run accident about two months ago. It took 6 weeks from start to finish to complete the repairs and most of that I think was attributed to the parts availability. I think it took about 3-3.5 weeks to get the parts from overseas.
    my wife had a minor accident and the only damage was the bumper and anything that is attached to it. Hood and fender wasn’t damage... I thought the bumper and some sensor plus 1 headlight will cost maybe $8K tops and it turn out a whopping $14k.
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

Ads