Service Action(Recall)Q237

This is a discussion on Service Action(Recall)Q237 within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just got it in the mail yesterday. Engine Control Module Reflash. The recall addressing, "Limp Mode" in wet conditions, and hard acceleration. Anybody have this ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Just got it in the mail yesterday. Engine Control Module Reflash. The recall addressing, "Limp Mode" in wet conditions, and hard acceleration. Anybody have this done yet? Good or bad for overall performance? Those in the know, please get the real info out on this ASAP.
    Wouldn't it be great if we could get a service advisor, or Evoque engineers, to join this forum. I've been working on mine to join, but...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    There is a post in the maintenance section titled "My Engine problem will become a Technical Service Bulletin" where there is a lot information regarding this issue. Basically water condensation seems to build up in the intercooler after driving in certain wet conditions, therefore causing the engine to misfire a cylinder and causing the car to go into "restricted performance mode". The software update is to allow the engine to continue to operate even after the misfire. Personally I have never had the issue happen to me, but it appears a lot of people have had some scary driving situations because of it.

Member #
    I just had the service completed today and thought maybe from a standing start I didn't feel a slight lag I had felt before. Other than that one thing I can say that I think it performs the same as before the service. I had not had the problem, but from reading the maintenance section I did not want the problem to occur during a long trip we will be doing over the holidays.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for your quick response. I know the lag, you refer to. It's like, if you don't want to go real fast, it will take off. But if you really hit it to take off drag style, there's the lag! Are you saying that's gone? And it still pulls good thru the gears? Sounds like I have to make appt. to get it done.

Member #
    I made a trip this morning to double check, and that lag is gone. I would get the lag by easing on the gas and then letting the gears shift while holding the gas constant. It now goes through the gears without any of the lagging.

Member #
    Yea i just got this recall yesterday in the mall. i havent notice this issue and im in Seattle where it rains all the time! just wondering if anybody has more input, thanks! I notice lag when i stomp on it...drag style but if its a gradually application it accelerates better..does this recall cover this issue or is it for the wet conditions?
    Lotus Exige S, track prepped
    Range Rover Evoque, fuji white
    Vespa 150cc scooter

Member #
    Yes I noticed considerably less lag too. I never had the restricted mode problem here in az even with rain.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    I got my SA notice on Friday and am scheduled for the "update" on Wednesday (12/26). I've had the misfortune of experiencing the persistent Restricted Performance issues and was seriously at the end of my rope (new cars shouldn't have problems right???). Hopefully the fix will be better than the engine light and the "BIG ORANGE TRIANGLE". I'll post feedback after.

Member #
    I had the SA Q237 ECM reflash on Thursday morning with only 3100 miles on the odometer. The Evoque off the line in S and using the paddles is super quick with no turbo lag. I only had had one experience with limp mode last week. The temperature was cool, very foggy and raining in the morning. First time this happened after 3 months of ownership.

Member #
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and a yet-to-be Evoque owner (shopping around). This moisture in the intercooler issue is concerning to say the least. It sounds like LR has finally issued a software update to address the engine in restricted mode result. Nice but my concern is that the engineering/design issue still exists. Some parts redesign seem to be in order with recall/replacement. This is expensive -will LR do it? I'm not much of a mechanic but I assume moisture getting into a cylinder via the intercooler on a semi-regular basis is not a good thing. (i.e. even if the software change eliminates the restricted mode issue)

Does anyone know if the 2013 models have design fixes in place to truly eliminate the problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads