Front Tow cover Broken .. Need help

This is a discussion on Front Tow cover Broken .. Need help within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; HI, So my brand new 2012 Evoque front tow cover broke, because i had to go they a water clotted street back home due to ...

View Poll Results: who many had front tow cover problem

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 50.00%
  • Yes

1 50.00%
    Member #

HI,
    So my brand new 2012 Evoque front tow cover broke, because i had to go they a water clotted street back home due to rain. I contacted range rover, and guess what.. the worst customer service ever, i explained to them that this should not have happened.. and esclated the matter.. but this is what i got

"
    After reviewing your case with the Management of our authorised importer in the UAE, Al Tayer Motors and from the information available, we were notified that the front Tow Hook Cover was scratched and damaged as your 2012 Range Rover Evoque was driven through a water clogged road. We understand that you had also explained to the dealer representative that once the vehicle passed that area, the cover came out on its own. (
    so it should have not come off.. this will never happen in t toyota )

Moreover, upon inspection, an external damage was found on the cover and the Clips were broken. We believe you had insisted to cover the repairs under the Manufacturer’s Warranty, however, a dealer representative had explained to you that the nature of the damage cannot be considered as a manufacturing defect, therefore, it cannot be covered under the Manufacturer’s warranty.(
    even thou several cars suffered the same problem
    ) However, you were advised to claim the repairs under your vehicle’s insurance.

We were informed that you had taken your vehicle to the body shop for the repairs and we hope the matter will be resolved soon, thanking you for the opportunity to review your case.( did not happen)

Yours sincerely,

Ayda Palar"

Anyway.. I was told that to fix it it will cost around 1000 Pounds.. What a joke.. So i am looking to buy a front tow cover.. searched the internet but could not find anything.. can anyone help please.. and does anyone has suggestion on how to escalate this.. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    if the tow hook cover simply popped off while traversing flooded streets..it could have been covered by warranty.

however, if the bumper clips got broken and parts of the bumper scratched, it means you probably hit something other than just flood water, hence, no warranty coverage.

good luck!

Member #
    Hi Ayda,

Question for you, were you able to get the replacement tow cover fine? Ours was stolen mid last year and we ordered one from the US.. except the piece was shorter than the original by two inches on each end. We contacted the dealership as well as Land Rover North America and they are telling us that is the superseding part for the cover. They tried ordering it again and the same part came in. They are claiming the system was updated and that is the superseding part and there is nothing they can do... even though new cars ordered still comes with that original part!

Ads