Dakar Rally 2013

Dakar Rally 2013

This is a discussion on Dakar Rally 2013 within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does anyone know for certain if there will be an Evoque in the 2013 Dakar Rally? I have found this info but it is only ...

Member #

Dakar Rally 2013

Does anyone know for certain if there will be an Evoque in the 2013 Dakar Rally? I have found this info but it is only an Evoque inspired body with a BMW powertrain.

The Dakar web site lists the Desert Warrior 3 as a BMW also. From what I have found I doubt that it is a BMW X? platform and is a complete custom build. The drivers are Canadian, and British. Rider sheet David BENSADOUN akar

If you have any other information please post it up and otherwise, cheer them on its a bitchen looking Rally Car.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Reported last Wednesday for the Excite Rally Raid Team.

Desert Warrior 3 (@DesertWarrior3) has been withdrawn from this years Dakar following an engine failure on Stage 2.

We don't have full details yet from Peru but we can expect an autopsy report on the cause, after RallyRaidUK bring her back from South America later in the month.
    It is very disappointing for all involved and unexpected in mechanical terms.
    DW3's tubular frame and engine has been Dakar tested since 2009 (under a different shell) with success.
    David Bensadoun, driver and owner of Aldo Racing whose colours the DW3 was racing in, said on his Twitter feed that he did not foresee any reasons for the failure while driving.
    The Dakar is renowned around the world for being the toughest test of man and machine and Rally Raid UK have other vehices in the race.

Ads