Doors clicking, seatbelts not working,no back seat heat.

This is a discussion on Doors clicking, seatbelts not working,no back seat heat. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Anyone have these issues? I have had to go to the dealership a few times and will be back this week for service. Doors were ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Anyone have these issues?
    I have had to go to the dealership a few times and will be back this week for service.
    Doors were clicking as the parts were defective. Dealership said they have seen a few like this which have been fixed.
    Now the back seat doesn't have heat. It spits out cold air. Anyone having this issue?
    Seatbelts don't work most of the time. Must be defective.
    With these small issues and the recall on the misfire in the engine...I am still loving my car and its almost been 1 year.
    Please let me know if you have had any issues as well. I would love to know how common these issues are.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have found that the heat in the back seat is poor or non-existant. Not a major issue for me, but I can't believe that RR left it that way. I think that is the way the vehicle is, though (from reading other posts over the past yr.) Not sure what you mean by seatbelts not working. Can you be specific?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    We have same issue with back seat heat. Discussed with dealer. Closed all vents in dash, cranked up temp and blower full on. Got some heat from rear vents but not much. In normal operation with comfortable warm air coming from front vents, the back seat vents producing only cool, or cold air. No resolve so far.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It has been said by many that several RR models are designed to NOT have heat from those vents in the back. (This is my first RR, so I don't know.) Mine does not have heat either. It has been to the dealer. The dealer claims to have reviewed engineering diagrams and such (that I have no access to) and has told me that THE BACK MIDDLE VENTS ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FRESH AIR INTAKES INTO THE CABIN ONLY. No heat or A/C from these vents. Rear heat comes from the floor vents in the back near the passengers' feet.

With that out of the way, I will say that's a ludicrous design choice by RR. For a car designed to be driven in extremes (Deserts, Cold Climates) to have rarely-used vents engineered into a prominent spot is absurd. If you live in a very cold or very warm area those vents are useful maybe two months a year. Even for me in the mid-atlantic of the U.S., those vents will only be worth anything 4 months per year or less. Given that you can't get the two climate control dials to work in synch from the driver's dial (another design head-scratcher) I do take the dealer at his word that this is how it is designed to work. However, I am befuddled that RR allows people with this kind of thinking to design it's cars.

If somebody can explain to me why those two climate control design choices were made I will take those words back. But I doubt there is any good explanation.

Member #
    I get heat from those rear vents. I think your dealers are giving you " the business"

Sid
    Member #
    I can't get heat out of the rear vents either. I'm scheduled for maint next week so I will ask my dealer.
    Cold air is all that comes out and I tried every setting on the dash.

Member #
    Several have been designed... are you joking? I have A full size, a Discovery, a Sport and just took delivery of my Evoque. Guess what, dude? The rear vents on all of them supply hot air. Although I am in So. California, but it feels hot to me. Will let you know if that changes over miles.

OK, just brought wife in to try and she says the front gets HOT-HOT the back becomes warm. But our doors don't click and the seat belts work! Anyway, second day I've had it so let me play a bit.

OK, last post on this, I promise: if you turn the heat up and push the button that points DOWN, you will get hot air from the rear vents for sure.
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-23-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Member #
    OK, FWIW, here is, I believe, the deal on the rear vents. When the car first came out (2011) been reading that the rear vents were an option, at least in the UK. Their purpose was to blow outside temp or A/C air to the rear seats. Underneath each front seat, there is a VENT that blows hot air to the rear. And seems hottest with the down arrow button pushed.

Sid
    Member #
    I picked up mine from the dealer this morning...the vents on the back of the console are for fresh air supply only. They will not supply warm or cold air. the supply vents (as scrannel posted above) are under the front seats and blow conditioned air to the back. They don't do it very well but there is air coming out.

Member #
    Stacey can you be more specific on "seatbelts not working"?

Yes it seems my service advisor misled me on multiple RRs having the back console vents for fresh air only. However, many dealers seem to have confirmed to many owners that this set of vents is not designed to blow heat. I suspect (no proof) that people who are getting some amount of heat through them are successfully diverting just enough air from the floor vent registers into the console vent registers to feel a little heat. But it certainly sounds like most commenters are getting no heat through there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads