DVD or Movie question

DVD or Movie question

This is a discussion on DVD or Movie question within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone has been successful using a USB drive to play a movie or video? I've tried some home made clips without ...

Member #

DVD or Movie question

I was wondering if anyone has been successful using a USB drive to play a movie or video? I've tried some home made clips without success including MP4, windows format, Quicktime formats without success.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yes, I have 70 something full length kids movies on an SSD that I use to keep the little ones occupied and quiet while I drive. You need to encode them as DivX (XVid supposedly works too). The drive needs to be formated as FAT32, which means that the movies cannot be larger than 4GB each. If you are planning to play them on the optional Rear Seat Entertainment, then the drive needs to be plugged into the USB port (right under the dock for the remote control). If you are watching up-front, then you can (obviously) use the USB Port in the armrest. Unfortunately the front screen and back screen cannot use the same USB port.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by same2you View Post
    Yes, I have 70 something full length kids movies on an SSD that I use to keep the little ones occupied and quiet while I drive. You need to encode them as DivX (XVid supposedly works too). The drive needs to be formated as FAT32, which means that the movies cannot be larger than 4GB each. If you are planning to play them on the optional Rear Seat Entertainment, then the drive needs to be plugged into the USB port (right under the dock for the remote control). If you are watching up-front, then you can (obviously) use the USB Port in the armrest. Unfortunately the front screen and back screen cannot use the same USB port.
    Thanks,is there a Divx program you would recommend? thanks again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Anything that will rip to DivX will do... I personally use Blu-Ray Converter Ultimate from AiSeeSoft... bought it a long time ago because of the number of formats it will rip to, and how easy it is to use... Just remember to keep the output file to less than 4GB

Ads