Stay away from Land Rover Manhattan

This is a discussion on Stay away from Land Rover Manhattan within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just a heads up. Their Service Department is the most unprofessional Staff I have ever dealt with. I dropped my wifes Evoque off yesterday morning ...

Member #

Just a heads up. Their Service Department is the most unprofessional Staff I have ever dealt with. I dropped my wifes Evoque off yesterday morning due to the fact that it got broken into and it needs a new passenger side window and damage to the door where they threw a rock through the window. I have not heard a word from them or have had any phone calls or emails returned as to what the extent of the damage is or when it will be ready. I am going to pick it up in the morning as is and take it somewhere else. I even bought it there and I get treated like this. I bought a high end car at a high end dealership and this is crappy service in my book. I have talked to a few people and most said that they would have already picked it up today. Two of them are service advisors at other dealerships that both said they would be fired on the spot for not returning calls or emails within an hour.

Just a little of my background. I am the Service Director at a Ducati and Triumph motorcycle dealership in Manhattan so I do know how people should be treated.

Stay far away. The purchase was great but the service sucks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Just an update. After another round of emails and a phone call still no reply from them.

Member #
    Sad to hear. We have had Land Rovers basically uninterrupted since 1991. We currently have a full size, that I bought in 2003 when they first came out in the states, and my wife has a late model Sport. Before that, the previous Range and two Discoveries, and a Discovery 3. All purchased new. Why? Because our dealer is so damned good they have became a crucial part of our car buying. My 2003 Range now has 95k (basically trouble-free) miles and is being replaced by an Evoque Dynamic (w/mag suspension BTW) this week. This dealer gives us free loaners; will come pick up any of our cars if they need service -- and leave the free loaner; and on those few occasions when things have gone wrong with cars -- even when not covered by warranty -- if they felt parts had failed prematurely, they picked up the tab. And they always call us back the same day when our car is in for service. It's the Land Rover Dealer in Thousand Oaks, California.

Point being, of course, if you treat your customers right... they are a hell of a lot more likely to come back.
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-16-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Ads