Need help with the keyless locking feature

Need help with the keyless locking feature

This is a discussion on Need help with the keyless locking feature within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello everyone! I am a new owner (under 1k miles so far). I am still figuring things out with the car. The one thing that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Exclamation Need help with the keyless locking feature

Hello everyone! I am a new owner (under 1k miles so far). I am still figuring things out with the car. The one thing that I can't seem to figure out is how to use the keyless lock feature. I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried to do this on the driver door and the passenger side door. I've even held the key in my hand closer to the car while I TAP the handle. Still nothing. Any suggestions???

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I've touched the handle where the 2 ridges are and it requires some steady pressure for a couple of seconds. It also doesn't work immediately after you close the door, wait a couple of seconds. It works most of the time for me, but not always.

Member #
    Be sure the key is on your person, and that the other key is not in the car, or nothing will lock. I find the best luck holding my thumb against both ridges simultaneously.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I second what Evocurious said, hold your thumb over the two ridges like you're pushing a button almost. Also, if your tail gate is still closing, you will have to wait until that fully closes and latches.

Member #
    Make sure your key is not next to your cellphone, I discovered that it blocks the key signal and I managed to lock myself out of the car during a vacation

Member #
    I was instructed to just touch the top "ridge", gently, with my thumb and it works every time.

Member #
    I have tried all of that and I still can't get it to work. I'm starting to think the dealer lied and it is not actually equipped with it. Any suggestions?

Member #
    If you are able to unlock/open the car just by pulling on the handle, then it is indeed equipped. Make certain that you are not gripping the handle, but just pressing on the 2 horizontal ridges with your thumb. Also, all doors and the boot need to be closed before it will work. Also as mentioned, you need to have your key on you, and it cannot be shielded by a cell phone or too much change. Also, make sure that your 2nd key is not in the car anywhere.

Member #
    Take it to the dealer and have them run a report on the code and send it to Land Rover. I was having several electrical issues and they were able to send a data file and it showed there were malfunctions in the distance my car would unlock from and the back tailgate. Land Rover re-installed the files after they showed it was corrupted.

Member #
    Make sure your hood is not indicated red as being "open". If any door is percieved as adjar it will not lock. Includes hood (bonnet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads