First Brake Service

First Brake Service

This is a discussion on First Brake Service within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I just had my Dynamic brakes replaced at 32000 miles. The work was done at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle new in Dec ...

Member #

First Brake Service

I just had my Dynamic brakes replaced at 32000 miles. The work was done at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle new in Dec 2011. Be prepared to spend $1700.00 for this service. (YEAH) that's not a typo! It is required that the rotors & pads are to be replaced every brake service. Apparently the rotors can't be resurfaced & are made to min specs to begin with from the factory. I wasn't very pleased to find this out after the fact.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well I may have to go to MIDAS

Member #
    Pads and rotors are not that difficult to replace. Thanks for the info. I suspected that LR would be charging a premium for regular maintenance items. I will be doing my own repairs when it comes to these types of replacement wear items.
    Currently own:

1986 Vixen 21TD Motorhome- 55k
    1979 Lancia Beta Coupe - 45k "complete restoration in process"

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Has anyone done a brake job yet? I got some pads from the dealership and was going to have my friend do it at his shop but he said its weird that there isnt any service info for the evoque for some reason.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicFuji2012 View Post
    Has anyone done a brake job yet? I got some pads from the dealership and was going to have my friend do it at his shop but he said its weird that there isnt any service info for the evoque for some reason.
    What did you pay for the pads from the dealer? Did you consider alternate sources for brake pads? It doesn't suprise me that there is no service info. on the web. This is a new vehicle and it takes time for someone to make the effort to tare into the brakes and write up the repair details. Typically brake systems are not that complicated and a good mechanic that has previous knowledge of import cars and trucks can work perform these types of repairs.
    Currently own:

Member #
    dealer cost on the front pads were $110. Im not sure what the public is charged though. I guess the resource he pays for is from the manufactures themselves but dont quote me. He was under the impression that they arent wanting anyone but LR dealerships to do the service. I still havent done the brakes yet but I need to soon so I dont ruin the rotors. I am not replacing the rotors for a pad job like they said above. That is plain ridiculous.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicFuji2012 View Post
    dealer cost on the front pads were $110. Im not sure what the public is charged though. I guess the resource he pays for is from the manufactures themselves but dont quote me. He was under the impression that they arent wanting anyone but LR dealerships to do the service. I still havent done the brakes yet but I need to soon so I dont ruin the rotors. I am not replacing the rotors for a pad job like they said above. That is plain ridiculous.
    Internet prices for front brake pads from Beck-Arnley through Rock Auto Parts are $45.80. Front rotors are $45.00 each. LR parts have a hefty profit margin. His impression is correct regarding the dealer wanting to do the work exclusively.
    Currently own:

Member #
    I did the pads a few days ago and kept the rotors. There is really no reason to replace them and I actually didnt even need to have them resurfaced since I still had about 15% pad left and no vibration.

Replacing the pads was about as simple as it gets. Dont pay a dealership to do it because it is a entry level job.

Member #
    Folks, good grief, the brakes have Ford stamped all over them! My dealer wants $1000. for a brake job?

Member #
    Im serious man. It took me all of 20 mins to do a pad swap on the front. Do them yourself or take it to a brake shop.

Ads