Evoque

Evoque

This is a discussion on Evoque within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi All! My husband and I are seriously considering buying an Evoque but people are telling us that the maintenance costs are ridiculous (brakes, tires,oil ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Evoque

Member #

Evoque

Hi All!

My husband and I are seriously considering buying an Evoque but people are telling us that the maintenance costs are ridiculous (brakes, tires,oil changes, etc) Any opinions would be appreciated!
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    new evoque is covered for 4 years, 50K miles. First regular service is also covered. Oil changes after the first service runs from $100 to $120, depending on dealer. Someone on this forum had his brakes/rotors replaced at 32,000 miles, the cost was $1700. The first four years of ownership, costs should be minimal.
    Toriajo likes this.

Member #
    +1 and the 2013 is quite a bit more "sorted" than previous models. Don't know where you live, but if USA, you have a choice of one engine and one transmission, which seems to attract less issues than the UK counter-parts. Personally, my family has had great luck with LR products and my Evoque is our 8th LR.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Toriajo likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi. I am ToriaJo's husband. We are in western PA (USA) We are considering the 2013 Evoque but want to wait until the 2014s come out in order to get a deal on a 2013. Someone mentioned the 4 year 50K mile warranty. What are everyone's thoughts on buying an extended warranty on this car since it is a relatively new model for LR? What is covered under the 4 year 50K? Just engine and drivetrain? Does the Evoque have any "bumper to bumper" coverage?

Member #
    If the 2014 has the 9 speed tranny you could do well by holding out. I bought extended coverage but I tend to keep cars for a long time. I think mine has a $200 deductable, but I could have gotten zero deductable.

Member #
    The four year, fifthy thousand mile warranty is bumper to bumper coverage on everything except use items like brakes ( unless there is a defect in them). I would not invest in an extended warranty unless you plan on keeping the vehicle for 10 years..extended warranties are NOT normally bumper to bumper so be careful and read all the fine print before you purchase. Anything you don't understand, get a written response to your questions so that they cannot backtrack on what they initially tell you.

Member #
    Yes, agree. I kept my last Range for almost exactly ten years.

Member #
    I would advise against buying an evoque. I have been plagued by issues that never get resolved. Just look at other topics and you can see how common they are.

Member #
    I think most of the initial computer issues have been sorted out after 1 1/2 years. You may, however, find that RR does not discount prior models, even demos that much, but some have mentioned discounts as much as 25% with much negotiating. Good luck with your plans. I'm really enjoying my new 2013 LR2 HSE and have had NO issues thus far.

Member #
    Personally I have had good luck with my Evoque (31,000 miles). I came from Acura, so my expectations (and fears!!) were high. The brand has gotten so much better in the past years. Of course, there are many people who have had issues. It is luck of the draw it seems. The 2013 is just the second year of the Evoque, and the vehicle is essentially the same.

I personally have never purchased an extended warranty and think they can really be a waste of money (and I keep my vehicles for 150K+ miles). But if you do buy one, be sure to negotiate (a lot of people don't realize that this is just as negotiable as the price of the vehicle). In addition, know what it covers and what you are getting for the money. I prefer not to pay the dealer to fix things that are routine, as they can be 2-4 times as expensive for the work that has been described in this thread. Maintenance is a bit more costly than the average vehicle, but there is no need to pay the fees dealers are asking for to change oil, rotate tires and replace brakes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads