The Screen WORKS.

The Screen WORKS.

This is a discussion on The Screen WORKS. within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Now that we in the mid-atlantic region have had our rainy spring season I have had the opportunity to test out the "screen" fix to ...

Member #

Red face The Screen WORKS.

Now that we in the mid-atlantic region have had our rainy spring season I have had the opportunity to test out the "screen" fix to the restricted acceleration issue. I have had the problem myself, and had Q237 applied. I have also been one of the "squeaky wheels", nagging Land Rover America.

(Note, the screen fix is not the Q237 ECU programming mod. Please don't conflate the two.)

Given the soaking rains on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, I got the chance to spend numerous hours in the car on an extended car trip on Sunday. Driving rain the whole time. Extremely humid temps and not a super-cold rain.

I drove up, down, back-roads, interstates. I drove fast, I drove slow. I stabbed the gas pedal, I drove high RPMs. I drove in Sport mode and I drove in "D".

I had no problems.

I consider the matter permanently fixed.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That is great news! My dealership doesn't even know about the screen yet..can you imagine that. I have had the Q237 done but that's it. I call the dealership. Once a month to keep updated on their knowledge OR NOT!

Member #
    any pictures of the "screen"????

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The only "before" pic I have of it comes in a .PDF that I have tried unsuccessfully to post.

I can't get a good shot of the "after" photo as the engine compartment is so cramped and obscured by the engine cover. I will say that the largest part of it looks like an aluminum filter, and is visible through the front lower grillwork of the Evoque. Because my grill is black and my body panels are white, it's unfortunate that it's that color, but it does not distract unless you know what you are looking for. The look of it reminds me of the aluminum filter smoke screen above your oven range hood. It's about that size and color.

PDQ
    Member #
    malharden, Thanks for the description! We are new owners. Had the new Evoque for about 10 days. I have been wondering about the screen. I saw what you are describing the other day. Glad to know the issue has already been addressed by the dealer or the factory! Absolutely love this ride!

Ads