First apparent issues on the electronics! Systme problems?

This is a discussion on First apparent issues on the electronics! Systme problems? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Made a few calls to the DEALER...man if there was something to substitute DEALERS! no help no return calls so far! Technical issues descrbied: 1- ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First apparent issues on the electronics! Systme problems?

Member #

Made a few calls to the DEALER...man if there was something to substitute DEALERS! no help no return calls so far!

Technical issues descrbied:
    1- Tire pressure system fault
    2- NAV system went blank for a few seconds
    3- Throttle response stalled for a few seconds
    4- USB - IPOD connector no longer charges (CHARGING AGAIN - after a day off for the car)
    5- REAR camera on reverse stay black for about 5 seconds, flickers and then connects

Dealer says none of the above is related to each other...OKAY! that doesn't help much.
    They told me to keep driving and see if it happens again...FAIR
    Called in again, since # 4 and 5 happened and they directed my call from SERVICES to SALES...sales person, REAL NICE, but never return call...FAIR, maybe she is researching and WILL get back to me! I will wait a couple of days before I judge!

Here is a full description of the problems;
    1- Driving on the highway, not touching anything and in cruise control, Tire Pressure System Fault signal on the dashboard, simultaneously the car disconnects the cruise and throttle does not respond for 2 to 3 seconds; I drove another 5 miles, stoped and turned off vehicle, after 30 minutes started and continued, 1 mile after the vehicle throttle stalls again, NAV changes pages by itself and blanks out for another 2 seconds, and Tire pressure system fault disapears and the vehicle becomes NORMAL and without any problems for another 48 hours.
    2- The 3rd day, took the car for a trip, no way I could charge my iPhone in either USB or iPod connector, phone dies while I am on a trip, no power coming out of those ports. Once I arrive at my destination, I charge my phone half way in the house and go for a ride 1 hour later, then connected my iPhone in EITHER port and I got power back! weird! yes, as I tried troubleshooting with three different cables, two different iPhones and a Androind phone that were half to fully charged... Called in the dealer to advise of what is going on, they ASKED do you have the problem NOW, NOPE, it corrected itself and all is working... OKAY...sorry about that, but calls us when you have the problem...NICE!!!

3- Last, when I engage reverse, the rear view camera screen goes black for about 3 to 5 seconds and then it works, however, SOMETIMES and most of the times, when I connect reverse, the camera goes on properly in about 1 to 2 seconds, and without any problems! GO FIGURE?

Anyway, this is jut to give you heads up in case you have, or will have same issues.

Regards and any input would be very appreciated.
    safe ride,
    brazeagle

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I've encountered problem (3) once but none of the rest. Are you driving the diesel or petrol version? Read in other forums and found most hiccups occur in the diesel.

Member #
    I have a Petrol, I finally got an appoitment with Land Rover, they will keep the vehicle for a week and LOAN a vehicle for the time they will try to diagnose the problems!
    Now a new thing came up, NOT RELATED to Eletronics I guess.
    NEW PROBLEM: Hot air in a cold winter here in NY blows only in the FRONT VENTS, when COLD fresh air exits the real vent! isn't that BIZARRE!

I will keep you all advised when I get a asnwer from the Dealership. I am scheduled to drop the vehicle on the 24 DEC and pick it up on the 30 Dec.
    Stay dafe,
    brazeagle

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    That sucks...but at least they're loaning you a vehicle to compensate for the inconvenience...it'll be a different story in Singapore...

The other thing i'm surprised about is the service frequency...i'm told that I only need to service the evoque after 26000km...thats like a year of driving without changing the oil...equivalent to wearing the same underwear for a month!!! Maybe I'm just too used to all the previous rides that require the standard run-in servicing and at maximum intervals of 10000km.

Member #
    I still have yet to figure out how to control the rear air vents. They seem to only put out cold air. Anyone else have any luck?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicFuji2012 View Post
    I still have yet to figure out how to control the rear air vents. They seem to only put out cold air. Anyone else have any luck?

I had someone in the back seat yesterday for the first time and they said they could only get cold air..whats with that.... of course I still haven't read the manual

Paul

Member #
    Here it goes:
    I was treated like a KING in the dealership, they checked the entire car electronic system, reset them all and found a gear changing CODE and cleared.
    Now for the NAV and Tire pressure fault system, I have not had it again for a week so far, the NAV is a bit slow STILL when you engage reverse, the rear camera SOMETIMES delay to appear and I get a BLACK screen while it loads the camera (about 15 to 20 seconds) which happens to be a lot if you think...but that only happens ONCE IN A WHILE, and still happens and dealer has a open case on this and the throttle stall as they do not know what could be!

The throttle, it happened again yesterday, but now with careful observation, I noticed that all times it happened I was actually leaving an intersection and for whatever reason, I had my foot in the break pedal while I started accelarating, then I released and this is when it happened (throttle get mushy and will not accelarate for about 5 seconds) even if you step to the floor.

Now as a aircraft pilot and thinking of safety systems, It may be a safety feature that recognizes you were pushinig the break pedal and the throttle will delay! maybe...I tried replicating the problem and COULD NOT.

Now, for the treatment at the dealer...I had a BRAND SPANKY NEW LR4, no miles loaner...TOO BIG, but what a nice and comfortable ride! V8, what do you expect?

Take care everyone,
    brazeagle

Member #
    Funny and maybe DUMB but the rear will only put cold air! and the best explanation about his is because the car is short and the warm air comes from the FRONT vents, so it is no need for warm air going back!
    Anyway, I just hope that Air Conditioner blows cold air in the summer!

Take care,
    brazeagle

Member #
    When you are talking about the throttle does it seem like you are taking off in 2nd gear? I have that constantly and i hate it. You get that rattle almost stall feel as if you are driving a manual and your are in the wrong gear when you accelerate.
    Whahahappenedwaz likes this.

Bob
    Member #

Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicFuji2012 View Post
    When you are talking about the throttle does it seem like you are taking off in 2nd gear? I have that constantly and i hate it. You get that rattle almost stall feel as if you are driving a manual and your are in the wrong gear when you accelerate.
    I feel that rattle feel also when slowing down and the trans is shifting down. I hope the dealer can correct it through some program reset but if you get any info on your matter please post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads