Rear tail gate - Page 2

Rear tail gate

This is a discussion on Rear tail gate within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I had mine in to have the rear hatch fixed. They said the just re-calibrated the position sensors. They gave me a Loaner LR2 while ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rear tail gate

Member #
    I had mine in to have the rear hatch fixed. They said the just re-calibrated the position sensors. They gave me a Loaner LR2 while they had it. When I came to pick it back up they had cleaned it as well.

Since the calibration I have not had any more issues with the hatch closing properly. Its only been a week so we will see after some time.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I had mine in 3 times for the rear hatch. They always just did a quick reset of something and sent me on my way until I called landrover myself and then I got good service and the problem actually fixed. It was more than just a simple reset for me.

Member #
    Well they told me they did a recalibration. So far it has not acted up again, however it is summer, so It does not get drivemn very much. Might put 500 miles a month on it in the summer.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    This issue is now "officially" solved by applying LR Service Bulletin # SSM 57657. I had it done on Friday.

I cannot find the TSB data online, and the service advisor did not know if they replaced the shock or just recalibrated the sensor. I am still trying to get her to go ask a Tech.

I also had a random "low coolant level" light come on, but they just topped me off - saying there was no leak.

I suggest that you other owners all ASK FOR SSM 57657 at your next service, because they won't apply it unless you ask....

Member #
    Service Advisor did call me back, by the way, and she says that SSM 57657 is a software update. I don't know if the software recallibrates the sensors or not, but whatever they did has definitely fixed the problem in my case...

Member #
    Just got mine back from the dealer yesterday. It's a computer update. Seems to work so far, 24 hours, but now I'm getting a "Adaptive Dynamics Fault", an amber warning triangle, loss of drive selection on the center console and a considerable stiffening in the ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads