amber check engine

amber check engine

This is a discussion on amber check engine within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I have had an intermittent amber check engine light. I took it to the dealer who said it was was a winter gas code coming ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

amber check engine

I have had an intermittent amber check engine light. I took it to the dealer who said it was was a winter gas code coming up. They reset it and sent me on my way! No charge!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well I didn't make it half way to work before the amber check engine light came on again. Back to the dealer. I will update once this is sorted.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Went back to the dealer and he said it is the same fuel code. He reset it & said they're seeing a lot of this...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    First I've ever heard of this and I'm on three forums.

Member #
    I know, me too? When I searched Google only this post comes up. Thanks for your reply.

Member #
    As an update, on the 21st I filled up with Chevron rather than Shell and added a can of Seafoam. Saturday the 22nd I went to the dealer to get an air filter (I couldn't locate one at an auto parts store), which was less than what an auto parts store wanted. The amber check engine didn't light when I started the motor to leave the dealer. Installed the new air filter when I got home and so far, no more light all weekend!

When the adviser started saying "winter fuel was causing the problem" I decided fuel and air. Time will tell! FYI, my buggy has just short of 31,000 miles.

Member #
    The light came back on. I purchased a code reader. P0089 code is for the fuel pressure regulator. I started a new thread titled P0089 Fuel Pressure Regulator. So far, there has been no response.

I reset the alert on Monday My Rover is running well!

Member #
    Sounds like your regulator is heading south? If you are under warranty I would get it replaced. But, it sounds like your dealer must know that...?

Member #
    I think so too. I think that service was too busy to get me in so they send an "adviser" out with a code reader to tell me winter gas. I could kick his winter gas right now!

Member #
    My engine light came in the day I picked it up. It was giving a bad O2 sensor alarm. Changed the sensor and its been ok for the past 2000 miles.
    2014 Fuji white Prestige 5 door, tech package, adaptive dynamics, parallel park, adaptive cruise control, 3M protection, climate seats

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads