Evoque Stalling

Evoque Stalling

This is a discussion on Evoque Stalling within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi there, Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their Evoque stalling at all speeds? I can't seem to find anyone with the ...

Thread: Evoque Stalling

Member #

Evoque Stalling

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their Evoque stalling at all speeds? I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. It's a 2013 pure premium with 15000km (9200 miles). After I first got it I experienced the known issue of the vehicle stalling at highway speeds in the rain (which is ridiculous, but manageable), but today the problem got worse. I fired it up, noticed the check engine light on, but it frequently does that and never fails to turn off right before my appointment at the dealership, meaning they can't do anything about it because they can't "recreate the problem." I drove for about 20 minutes, and just before I got to my destination I noticed a very hard shift into fourth gear. The engine sputtered, but recovered. I got to where I was going, turned it off, but on the way home (5 minutes later) the vehicle stalled 7 times in 9 blocks. Transmission was really rough, and the vehicle stalled at idle (red light) as well as low and regular speeds. Serious safety concern as I was on a 3 lane road. Every time it stalled it started again, but not willingly. Finally got it to a side street and towed it to the dealership, which was closed. Just thought I'd see if anyone knows anything or have had similar issues. Thanks.
    Last edited by sknight; 03-23-2014 at 07:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Are you in the USA? The rain issue only affects the petrol engine, so my guess. And, if so, that means an auto trans? My first response is you should have your battery checked. But if your dealer is going to ignore your check engine light, they suck. They should hitch it up to diagnostic gear and look for codes. CAN-BUS electrical systems are very touchy to a low or bad battery.
    Last edited by scrannel; 03-24-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Member #
    It is a gasoline engine, I'm actually in Canada. I'll have them check out the battery. Hopefully the dealer can get it in soon, they are a very poor representation of the brand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just FWIW, I took delivery of my 2013 year ago January and dealer replaced the battery first week of ownership after running a load test. Sometimes if you have a battery that can't hold a charge or is just "bad", it will cause the system to throw off random error codes and/or cause other havoc.

Member #
    Update: Dealer has had 5 vehicles towed in in the past 5 days, all Range Rover. Haven't even looked at my vehicle, but I have a 2014 Honda Accord with a busted side mirror and flat tires to drive around. Go Range Rover!

Member #
    Update: Dealer claims (and I'm not making this up), that they've found "at least one of the issues," the high-pressure fuel pump misfired. One's on emergency order and they'll replace it, but I'm not all that confident in that being the solution.

Member #
    Go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and drill down to fiind your car. For the 2014 they list seven service bulletins, TWO of which refer to battery issues. Also, have you checked your car on topiX to see if there are any outstanding issues?

Ads