blaming faulty fuel pumps on China's oil

This is a discussion on blaming faulty fuel pumps on China's oil within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; This caught my eye considering my Evoque is in the shop waiting for a fuel pump with no ETA. I haven't used Chinese oil! Just ...

Member #

This caught my eye considering my Evoque is in the shop waiting for a fuel pump with no ETA. I haven't used Chinese oil! Just noting that it probably isn't the oil but the fuel pump alone. This is for LR2 and Evoque models!

Land Rover accused of blaming faulty fuel pumps on China's oil?Economy?News?WantChinaTimes.com
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My evoque has been in 6 times for fuel system problems. It's there now having it's 3rd fuel pump put in. I have 5k mi left on warranty and I know I will have more issues. It's every 6-8 months that this happens. I love my car but they won't give me any extended warrant even on the fuel system and I think it's wRranted

Member #
    Are you in China? See my post in maintenance titled Amber check engine light. Below is part of the fuel pump issue I had.

"Once the pump was replaced the service manager said it was running really rough and trying to stall. High pressure fuel pressure & low pressure fuel pressures sensor voltages were wrong. Both sensors were replaced, which corrected the voltage values. Paper work says pieces of the fuel pump had partially blocked and shorted the sensors. All work was performed under warranty."
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Awesome! I just had my High Pressure fuel pump replaced after is left me stranded on the freeway! I have a year left on my warranty. Not going to keep the car long enough to ask for an extended warranty :-/

Ads