Second Service (20k)

Second Service (20k)

This is a discussion on Second Service (20k) within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; What are most paying for their 2ns Service by a Land Rover Dealership? I thought it was just a glorified oil change but $578 later ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rwsave
  • 1 Post By bkreitz

Thread: Second Service (20k)

Member #

Second Service (20k)

What are most paying for their 2ns Service by a Land Rover Dealership? I thought it was just a glorified oil change but $578 later I was completely shocked at the cost for an oil change and some filter replacements. $355 in Labor. Anyone else have this done and care to share the cost? THis was at Range rover of Nashville.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have a 2012 with 33K miles now, and I enjoy driving it every time I get in it. I did not opt for the latest computer flash, or the modification to the intercooler. I made my own modification and I have not had a problem with the heavy rain thing since. That was over a year ago. I have had to replace the tires just recently due to some impact bumps that I got from the pot hole filled roads around here. I do my own oil changes. There is some good info on this site that will help you along if you need it. It costs about $80 plus to do the oil change your self though, unless you get lucky with a random deal on synthetic oil. Castrol Syntec (recommended) is about $9 a quart and you need 6 of them. You can also purchase all the filters you need as they are standard sizes. I have not changed my air filter since the free one I got with my first service as it is in very good shape and shows no wear or dirt. I was surprised last time I checked it. I changed the oil three times so far. I generally go about 10K between service.

But to your question, I was quoted $485 for the second service here in VA Beach. They charge 1.5 hours of labor (at $120/hr) just to change the cabin filter. I declined. I got the first one for free, and then after that, I have been doing everything myself. If you do not want to rotate your tires yourself, you can take it to somewhere like Merchants Auto and they will do it for $20 and if you ask, they will check the breaks too. Jiffy Lube, Walmart, the quick oil change places, will generally shy away from cars like ours as there is a plastic guard on the bottom that they do not like to deal with. But places like Merchants, Firestone, Discount Tire and Auto, Midas, and places like that, will hook you up for less than Land Rover will at somewhere around $160 (again synthetic oil) with tire rotation and fluid checks. It is what it is. I would not ask Land Rover to do anything unless I had no other choice. They are very expensive. The Evoque was built when there was still much influence from Ford, and many of the pieces and parts that may wear out, shocks, breaks, engine parts, are quite common and not land rover exclusive.

Rob
    markdartj likes this.

Joh
    Member #
    Second Service - 20,000 miles. Did it myself. K&N oil filter $15.99, 6 Qts. of Mobil 1, s/oil. Remove 7 bolts holding the skid plate.....and simple job.....Oil filter right in front, drain plug no problem. 45 minutes later I was washing up.

Looks like a saved a good $400.00, and I know the job is done correctly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

oil change

I just changed my oil and found it easy to do. The Evoque has good clearance and I was able to slide under it. I am glad to have changed it before it was required. (I now have performed two oil changes with 28000km). The oil was quite dirty and I flushed the engine twice with spare oil that I had. Bought the oem oil filter online and Castrol edge synthetic from local store.
    Last edited by Lubeking; 07-15-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Member #
    Will not taking it in affect the warranty at all?

Member #
    Denver dealer quoted me $420 for the 2yr full service. Meh!Had them just do an oil change for $111. Bought an air filter and upgraded pollen filter for $70 on Amazon. Took 30 min to change the pollen filter and 5min on the engine air filter. Search You Tube for a video on changing the pollen filter. Good to go for another year.
    moilaset likes this.

Member #
    A little late to the thread- but my US 2015 Evoque is due for its 20K (miles) service. Dealer wants $140 for the oil change with synthetic. About $300 includes the various inspections, engine air and pollen filters. Is there anything particularly special about changing the oil in the Evoque that I couldn't go to a jiffy lube and just pay extra for synthetic? The Evoque just uses the Ford 2.0T engine that's on a million other cars. right? It has a few recalls and transmission re-flash that it needs as well as the always breaking eyeglass holder, so I'm inclined to bring it in to them for that stuff. $20 for a tire rotation. $50 if I want them re-balanced. $180 for an alignment. (car doesn't seem to need the alignment or balance, but I will rotate).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    There is nothing special about changing the oil in an Evoque, other then the front skid plate has to be removed. I personally would never take a premium car to a "quick lube" of any kind, but that's just me. I would advise taking it to the dealer for the required services at least through the warranty period. That way, there can be no question about how the car was maintained, if you would require any warranty work. You need to take it in anyway, to get the campaigns done, may as well get it all done at once.

Member #
    that's what I plan on doing- for those very reason. But given that the engine is a pretty ubiquitous ford engine- it's an oil change. Although- I don't expect that they would know how to change the pollen filter at JiffyLube.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Good choice! I would check with JiffyLube before taking your Evoque in, to make sure they would be okay with having to remove the skid plate to get at the oil drain plug and oil filter. There are 7 bolts to remove the skid plate. I've removed, and replaced it. I dropped one of the battery cover hold down clips, and of course, it landed on top of the skid plate.

The pollen filer is a very fiddly thing to replace. You can find videos at youtube.com, best ones are from PowerfulUK Ltd. They specialize in Land Rover add ons, and have tons of how to videos for Evoques.

You can also look at this thread on our forum, good pictures and write up on pollen filter replacement.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...in-filter.html

Ads