Grinding Noise During Acceleration

This is a discussion on Grinding Noise During Acceleration within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I have a 2014 Evoque with approximately 5,600 miles. I have only owned this car since March and have had issues that the dealership cannot ...

Member #

I have a 2014 Evoque with approximately 5,600 miles. I have only owned this car since March and have had issues that the dealership cannot seem to solve. I have take the car in 4 times for the same noise and they can't replicate the sound to fix it although the technician has heard it.
    The noise occurs when I accelerate typically from 30-40mph or 60-70mph. I am able to recreate the sound when I slow down and then accelerate around those speeds. The sound seems to be coming from either the engine or under my car...not quite sure on the exact location. Although it is not directly related to the noise, my car lurches forward upon starting and when I release my foot from the brake after the Eco mode has been activated. My car is currently in the shop for the thousandth time in hopes that they can fix the issue.

If anyone has had any similar experiences or has an idea what may be causing this I would greatly appreciate it!

I have a video of the car making the noise, but I can't seem to upload it right now.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Things to consider. Exhausts that are restrictiive (quiet) tend to have a whishing, shrill or strangely geary type of soundunder WOT. If it seems most prominent during acceleration, it could be blow by from an overboost condition. Esp if it abruptly changes with an upshift.
    Another thing to consider, how much does the motor move with hard acceleration on its mounts? Could a fan or belt be rubbing?Driveshaft rubbing on a guard etc.
    Wish I could hear it in personas I'm pretty good at this stuff.
    Don't get me started on any eco mode, I found it truly annoying in the BMW5 series I had as a loaner last month.

Member #
    My 14' have the same noise, I thought its the 4wheels become 2wheels drive train noise but its getting annoying ... anybody know what could it be ?

Ads