New code!

New code!

This is a discussion on New code! within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Has anyone seen the P2187 code come up? It says the system is too lean at idle....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New code!

Member #

New code!

Has anyone seen the P2187 code come up? It says the system is too lean at idle.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I erased the code on the post date & today the amber check engine light came on again throwing the same code.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Haven't heard of that one. Did u call service?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky70 View Post
    Haven't heard of that one. Did u call service?
    Not yet, I been on vacation. It drives fine. Cold start is the only time you can tell something is off, which is when the idle varies until it settles down to normal. This will be a good time for the airbag recall sorting as well.

Member #
    So I took my 12 Evoque in for the check engine light with code P2187. The service rep called & said the low pressure fuel pump is the problem. I should have it back tomorrow provided the install goes well & they don't find any other issues.The airbag recall only requires a 're-flash. My fingers are crossed. Currently I have just over 44,000 miles on the odometer.

Member #
    Has anyone had trouble pairing a Note4 with their Evoques. Mines paired ok but doesn't show phone book?

Member #
    Finally got my rig back this evening and about 2 hours later the check engine light is on again and throwing the same code, P 2187. I'd be willing to bet now that the low pressure fuel pump isn't causing the problem.

Member #
    Below is the screen from my OBDII scanner. Taking my Rover back in on Monday as there is no sense in letting it just sit in service over the weekend.

Name:  2014-11-12 22.49.54-5.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  398.4 KB

Member #
    Probably doesn't apply to your Evoque, but when I had a Bank 1 Lean code (similar code to what you're getting) on my 4-Runner, it was a dirty/ bad MAF (Mass Airflow) sensor. Many people had the same issue on their 4-Runners - especially those running K&N filters who over oiled them.

Member #
    DVFlyer I was surprised when service said a fuel pump because, as you mentioned, I was expecting a sensor issue considering the vehicle ran well. Service seemed sure it was the low pressure fuel pump. Once service got the pump apparently it didn't match up to the sending unit so another delay.

Service did take care of the airbag recall and cured a non-retracting lumbar support on the passenger side.

I will post an update after Monday's return to service.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads