Best replacement battery brand & model?

This is a discussion on Best replacement battery brand & model? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; The stock battery on my 2012 Prestige is starting to give me problems, and my dealership admitted that the LR batteries were not very good. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best replacement battery brand & model?

Member #

The stock battery on my 2012 Prestige is starting to give me problems, and my dealership admitted that the LR batteries were not very good. I am not going to pay $350 for an exact replacement of the same battery that is apparently known to be problematic.
    My service rep at the dealer recommended I buy the brand "Interstate Battery" because he thinks they are the most reliable.
    Your opinions and experiences?

The only battery listed for my model at carid dot com is "Exide - Edge Group L-4/94R Flat Plate AGM" with no customer reviews. Looks like the best of the 3 batteries listed at autozone dot com is "Duralast Platinum H8-AGM".

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    In other battery comparisons I've seen, the Sears Diehard Platinum was always rated tops. In other cars, I've tried the budget brands from Walmart etc and never had much luck with them. We purchased the Sears battery and never had any problems. Have also heard good things about the Interstate. When I replace the battery in the Evo, it will either be an Interstate or Sears Platinum (if there is a compatible model).

Member #
    Thanks for the input.
    On consumerreports dot com, and I see that Interstate and Diehard are the two overall top-rated batteries there. But looks like they didn't review batteries of type "Group 94R" for some reason, which I think is what the Evoque requires.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Get the most cold cranking amps & reserve capacity that will fit! Interstate is a good battery.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Just FWIW on this older post, when I bought my 2013 Evoque the first thing my dealer did was throw out the OEM battery and replace it with an Interstate which has been excellent.

Member #
    Nice. I also went to Firestone and got the best rated Interstate battery for my 2012 Evoque

Member #
    Is the battery covered under warranty? Mine just went on my pure 2012. Dealer is looking at it.

Member #
    The OEM battery? I imagine it only has a 1 year warranty, if at all.
    The interstate battery has a 3 full year warranty, plus another 2 years prorated. (IIRC)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by acjc View Post
    The OEM battery? I imagine it only has a 1 year warranty, if at all.
    The interstate battery has a 3 full year warranty, plus another 2 years prorated. (IIRC)
    For my MY2013, in the "Passport to Service" booklet, is says the battery is covered for 4 years/50,000 miles whichever occurs first.

Member #
    I'm getting a message saying Low battery on the navigation screen, did you also get the same message? If I take it to the dealership does anyone know if the battery is cover under the warranty in what page can I find it or I have purchase a new one? How much did the interstate battery cost, did you install it yourself or mechanic? I have a 2013 Evoque.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads