USA Dealer Service Costs

USA Dealer Service Costs

This is a discussion on USA Dealer Service Costs within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I've just been quoted a little over $500 for the 2nd service in my MY14 RRE, does that sound right to you lot? I know ...

Member #

USA Dealer Service Costs

I've just been quoted a little over $500 for the 2nd service in my MY14 RRE, does that sound right to you lot?

I know that dealers vary in what they do for each service along with the LR specified stuff, but it seems a bit steep to me.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    If you look at the booklet titled "Passport to Service" that came along with your owner's manual, you will see what Land Rover "recommends" at the 20k miles or two year mark.
    To be honest there are a lot of things listed to check. At $130/hour labour rate, it adds up quickly. I guess it depends on the milage on your Evoque. Do you really need to have
    the wheels pulled at the brakes inspected? If not, tell them not to do that check. There is no reason you can't pick and choose what you want done, or what you think needs done.

Yesterday, I took my MY2013 Coupe in for its second service. Because it's a garage queen, and had only 3,308 miles on it, I made it clear, all I wanted done was an oil and filter
    change, period. It cost me $146. Not cheap for an oil change, but that was all I felt was needed. When the time comes, I will change the cabin pollen filter, engine air filter
    etc. myself. I don't need to pay $130/hour for simple stuff.

Ads