Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

This is a discussion on Mirror Mirror within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; For the last couple of days the passenger mirror decides whether to fold or not. I noticed the passenger side mirror didn't fold out when ...

Thread: Mirror Mirror

Member #

Mirror Mirror

For the last couple of days the passenger mirror decides whether to fold or not. I noticed the passenger side mirror didn't fold out when backing out of the garage at home. I pushed both mirror buttons and the driver side folded in and pressed both buttons again and both mirrors folded out. Today while at lunch I looked out the window and noticed the passenger side mirror failed to fold in when I locked my doors. I thought maybe someone had bumped it so when I went out I folded it in before unlocking the doors. I unlocked the doors and got in and noticed the passenger side mirror didn't fold out. I hit both buttons again and the driver side acted properly and the passenger side stayed folded in. I switched to reverse and both mirrors tilted down, back to park and both titled back up to normal... While thinking briefly if I should roll down the window or just get out and go around to fold out, the passenger side folded out! Next 2 stops, it wouldn't fold in after locking the door. I t appears to move smoothly so there doesn't appear to be a binding issue. I am open to any suggestions...
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Ah, the joys of trying to find an intermittent fault… nothing worse.

Usually, if a motor fails, it fails. This sounds more like a wiring issue to me, maybe a loose electrical connector, or partially broken wire.
    I don’t think you will find the issue, unless you remove the door card and have a good look at the wiring. Having, and knowing how
    to use, a good multimeter, would also be extremely helpful.

It might not hurt to call and ask the dealer if they have had any Evoques come in with a similar problem.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Just curious, did you ever find the problem with your mirror?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Unfortunately, no. It's not working most of the time. If it does fold in it doesn't fold out and vice versa. I hated intermittent problems. I haven't had the spare time to take it apart.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    When I got my car the mirrors didn't move in when the vehicle got locked. And the passenger mirror was loose. The dealer pushed them both in by hand and it reset the mirror motor and they started working again. Maybe just a reset is needed....?

Ads