Replacing wiper blades on the range rover evoque

This is a discussion on Replacing wiper blades on the range rover evoque within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Here’s a summarization of replacing the Evoque’s wiper blades front and rear. Dealer charge for replacing the three blades $150 — $200 parts and labor. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Replacing wiper blades on the range rover evoque

Member #

Here’s a summarization of replacing the Evoque’s wiper blades front and rear.

Dealer charge for replacing the three blades $150 — $200 parts and labor.

Do it yourself:

Parts needed, purchased on line— Two front blades, I used two 22” Rain-X Latitude blades 5079279 ($14.60ea), and one ANCO 31-10 10” for the rear ($6.95.) The OEM FRONT blades are 23” and 21.5”. The 22” replacements work perfect and are spec’d for the Evoque by Rain-X.

Go to the Maintenance Topic in your owner’s manual or else to the online version of the manual. Maintenance > Wiper Blade Replacement, page 174, as copied below .

WIPER BLADE REPLACEMENT (this information has been posted before except for the #3 step explanation I’ve added to make the operation more clear.)
    Fit only replacement wiper blades that are identical to the original specification.
    Before changing a wiper blade, the wiper arms must be set in the ‘service’ position as follows;
    Note: The Smart Key must remain in the vehicle while wiper blades are replaced.

1. Ensure that the ignition is turned off.
    2. Turn the ignition on then off again.
    3. Immediately push the wiper control down to start the single wipe operation and turn on the ignition again.
      The wipers will move to their service position. #3 should read — While holding down the wiper control to start the single wipe operation turn on the ignition again.
    4. When the new parts have been fitted, turn the ignition off. This will return the wipers to park position.

Front wiper blade: Lift the blade clear of the windshield.

1. Push down on the button and hold.
    2. Pull the wiper blade away from the button.

When the new blade is pushed into the receiver, the button will click into place.
    Rear wiper blade: Lift the blade clear of the screen.

1. Pull the tab out and hold.
    2. Slide the blade down the wiper arm to clear
      the mounting.

When the new blade is pushed into the wiper arm, the tab will click into place.

The new blades work perfect. I choose Rain-X, but there are other manufactures to choose from. You need to install the loose adapter provided in the Rain-X blade package (one adapter snapped into place easily, the other identical adapter was quite a problem to install on the second blade.) The only rear 10” replacement blade I could find was the ANCO 31-10 blade.
    lucavietto and Sonomadoug like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Excellent info. Thanks.

Member #
    Hmmm yeah, changed mine last week. $40/each from dealer. Sales guy offered to put them in for free. But, did it myself. Really didn't have to read anything to figure it out. Did not use service position which I think is only required to replace the entire arm. Did you actually, just replace the blades?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Hmmm yeah, changed mine last week. $40/each from dealer. Sales guy offered to put them in for free. But, did it myself. Really didn't have to read anything to figure it out. Did not use service position which I think is only required to replace the entire arm. Did you actually, just replace the blades?
    I replaced the blade assembly. Years ago (20+) you could purchase just the rubber blade, it was made to slide out of the blade arm and the new one slid in. Much less expensive than the wiper blade assembly and you could cut it to the size needed. The service position isn't needed to replace the front wipers.

Member #
    Why on earth did they have to make that silly attachment when a Bayonet locking arm works so well or a simple 90 degree pin arm like BMW?? What were they thinking???

Member #
    Over thinking is my guess.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I've used the RainX blades on several vehicles in the past and they have always performed well, lasted longer than most also. But with the Evoque being her truck she requested stock, or stock appearing blades so I opted to give the Trico Neoform w/ Teflon, both in 22", a try and have been happy so far. Only 3 months so far so I can't report to the life span yet. The part number is 16-2213

Member #
    I bought the Goodyear blades at Costco one time on a prior car. Big mistake! I tried RainX also but found any of the Bosch blades to be so much better.

Member #
    Here is a cautionary tale. I bought replacement wipers from one of the discount autoparts places (Advance AutoZone) I do not remember which. The new wipers make a loud stuttering noise unless the windshield is very wet. So in intermittent mode this is almost constant. I believe that the assembly is too weak structurally and the blades stick and release causing the stutter. There is no label on the wipers and I cannot tell which brand.

Member #
    I bout PIAA SI Tech 97055

24 inch for driver side
    22 inch for passenger side

love these blades. Worth the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads