DIY: Cupholder Removal

This is a discussion on DIY: Cupholder Removal within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Seems like a lot of other people have wanted to do this in order to clean them. I searched the Internet and there didn't seem ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Distinct

Thread: DIY: Cupholder Removal

Member #

Seems like a lot of other people have wanted to do this in order to clean them. I searched the Internet and there didn't seem to be something in great detail. Here's my first contribution to the forum...

The Cupholder unit is indeed removable! You can see here it is held in by two rubber nibs at either end. You should not just yank up to get this out. The rubber nibs can tear.

Peeling back the top of the Cupholder rubber at one end and (1) inserting a flat screwdriver or similar item will allow you to (2) depress and push the nib towards the middle of the Cupholder. Don't jam the screwdriver down, be gentle to avoid tearing. Holding the top of the Cupholder, pull towards the other end and pull up. So if you have the screwdriver at the back of the Cupholder, pull towards the window, etc.

Note: You can get the cup holder out by pulling hard but doing this over and over will surely result in tearing the nibs at one side.

The Cupholder is made of some kind of silicon/rubber that is molded on to a hard plastic base. This base holds the aluminum plates. Everyone complains that the plates get scratched and damaged, etc. so I cut two circles of vinyl wrap in brushed silver and placed them on the plates. This is the same wrap material used on exterior and interior of cars. You could really do any colour. Don't do textured carbon fibre because it will be difficult to clean. When the insert gets worn, peel it off and put new ones!

Depressing the nibs will allow you to regularly take the cup holders out to clean. You will want to clean under the holders because there is likely a lot of coffee, Redbull, smoothies or bubble tea in there.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
    moilaset, Sonomadoug and Ironhead2 like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Excellent! Great write up.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Great information, thanks for posting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Nice information. I took some Moab sand stone drink coasters and ground then down to the same size circles dropped them in place.

thanks for the write up. I am going to take it out tomorrow and clan it.
    "Welcome to the top"

Member #
    handy. thanks.

Member #
    this is very helpful!

Ads