Not Blue Screen of Death...but close

Not Blue Screen of Death...but close

This is a discussion on Not Blue Screen of Death...but close within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; After 7 days it's finally happened. Engine failure light came on . Pulled over, restarted engine to reboot computer and same thing. Engine failure.Cannot believe ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Unhappy Not Blue Screen of Death...but close

After 7 days it's finally happened.Engine failure light came on.Pulled over, restarted engine to reboot computer and same thing. Engine failure.Cannot believe it. Heart sank and felt like crap...7 days of quiet driving with only 150 miles on the clock.Contacted dealership and they have been AWESOME, (Sudbury Range Rover, MA).This is what the manger told me without any hesitation...."We'll evaluate it, swap it for any car in the dealership, get you a replacement ordered if you wish. Whatever pleases you".

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That is awesome of the dealership but horrible to happen to yoU!
    hopefully my dealership is good with me too!

Member #
    Yes; really horrible and heart breaking.
    I kept my Isuzu Vehicross for about 12 years, and held onto it that long, in part specifically because of having seen the Evoque coupe concept.
    I'll let you know the resolution.
    I must say that the dealer has been very very professional.
    Here's hoping !

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Wow, sounds like you have a really great dealer. Hopefully it is nothing to serious. Keep us posted.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Just got back from the dealer.

Even before the diagnostics were run, the manager, Michael White at Sudbury Ma Land Rover, stated, "Screw it....you're done with this car. We'll repair the problem, it goes into the loaner pool.
    Here's the list of what's coming in. Feel free to choose from it, or order to your specs. Trade in is what you paid for the car irrespective of how long this takes"

I am overwhelmed by the professionalism here. He even brought in the salesperson and junior manager to reiterate the resolution of the situation.

I'll let you guys know how things eventuate, but I now have a question:

Can someone hopefully tell me if the Dynamic is actually a very different drive sensation to just having the Pure in Sport mode? Is it worthwhile?

Many thanks in advance.

Member #
    That certainly has to be frustrating, but at least the dealer seems to be doing everything in there power to make it right. Be sure to keep us posted on what you decide to go with!

Member #
    In regards to the difference between Dynamic and Pure in sport mode.
    Personally I can't tell the difference.

When you put the pure into S mode it rights stiff and handles well. When I test drove the dynamic coupe and put that in it's "S mode" with the adaptive dynamic setting etc, I couldn't really tell it was on. Felt the same as the pure in S mode. TBH unless you take it out on a track I doubt you'd miss the dynamic mode.

Member #
    Thanks. That's helpful to know.

As regards the engine failure, it was diagnosed as a failed turbo booster regulator, so the turbo simply malfunctioned. I believe it is a computer driven component which will be replaced tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the manager, Mike White of Sudbury Range Rover,asked me to come over once the work is done and order the new replacement vehicle per my specs.
    "You have enough on your plate without worrying about the car. Let that be our problem."

I tremendously appreciate the professionalism these guys demonstrated as consumer advocates. It is definitely a cut above any other experience I have had in the past, and definitely a dealership that values it's clients and it's reputation.

Member #
    That's just awesome! so what are you ordering? In replacement for your current one? Good to hear some people value Customer service. I'm moving to your area! That is just pure awesome!

Member #
    Thanks Delta.
    I spoke to the dealer and as far as they know, no Dynamic has yet arrived with "magna ride". Consequently, the Dynamics are cosmetically different rather than mechanically. I could wait for magna ride but there is no ETA for those as of yet.
    Personally, I think I'll go for the the Pure Premium Coupe in Cobalt Blue with the Cirrus interior; so it will have the upgraded sound system, keyless entry, blind spot sensors, funky surround cameras, etc etc. Pretty much fairly loaded. The question is now how long the wait will be, but I now feel comfortable that the dealer is going above and beyond and working in my interest to resolve the entire issue as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads