Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $280 from ebay.

This is a discussion on Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $280 from ebay. within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; So got them in the mail today. They seem to be a perfect fit I wanted this post to educate anyone thinking of doing this ...

Member #

So got them in the mail today. They seem to be a perfect fit I wanted this post to educate anyone thinking of doing this for me it's performance and appearance with my 22"rims. The brand are Hart brakes and they are gold Zink coated drilled and slotted. Pads are ceramic and I'm hoping to eliminate creeking noises by doing the upgrade. I'm posting more pics here today when I start the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That price was for 4 rotors and 8 pads

Member #
    Name:  IMAG0047.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  1.48 MBName:  IMAG0048.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  1.98 MB

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The Zink coated rotors look really good. The price was very good as well. How many miles did you get out of the OEM rotors and brakes?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skythizle View Post
    So got them in the mail today. They seem to be a perfect fit I wanted this post to educate anyone thinking of doing this for me it's performance and appearance with my 22"rims. The brand are Hart brakes and they are gold Zink coated drilled and slotted. Pads are ceramic and I'm hoping to eliminate creeking noises by doing the upgrade. I'm posting more pics here today when I start the job.
    I Recently did the brakes on my Evoque. I used all high quality EBC parts. As my original rotors were still in very good condition I decided against replacing them. The EBC slotted rotors would have looked good. I did considerable research on the quality of various pads and rotors and read the reviews. It became apparent that there are no greatly discounted bargains. What you get is what you pay for. The cheaper slotted/drilled rotors were more for appearance than performance. They were usually Chinese made rotors often disguised as American manufactured. EBC was high quality and all four wheels, brake pads and slotted rotors, were in the range of about $650 to $750 for the parts. I wouldn't compromise on quality when it comes to brakes.

Member #
    So yes they are China cast but are drilled and coated in America California to be exact. And to be honest they are superb. They stay cool after hard use, and braking power is insane.
    My back brakes were gone and wore faster then the front.
    Rotors were dished and grooved due to my lifestyle of driving . I'm very happy with the purchase and I think the name brands are a waste of money. They definitely performe better then OEM

Ads