Fuel Filter Replacement

Fuel Filter Replacement

This is a discussion on Fuel Filter Replacement within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hello all; Lets talk about replacing the fuel filter. I have a 2012 Pure, with just over 75k miles on it and I am thinking ...

Member #

Fuel Filter Replacement

Hello all; Lets talk about replacing the fuel filter. I have a 2012 Pure, with just over 75k miles on it and I am thinking about changing the fuel filter. I have changed the air filter, cabin air filter, and I have this idea that the fuel filter needs changed. This is also because of the stuttering under heavy acceleration that I am getting occasionally. So who has done it? where did you get the filter? was it difficult/easy? Any special tools needed?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I just had a look in the "Passport to Service" booklet. This booklet lists all of the recommended service items and checks at the required mileage or number of years. There is no mention of changing the fuel filter, at milage, or time. I know BMW is big about changing fuel filters, but I see nothing in the Range Rover service intervals.

That's not to say it wouldn't be a good idea to change it. I looked online, and couldn't find any information about how to go about it, as I'm sure you did as well.

Member #
    You may run in to the requirement to prime the fuel system after the filter is replaced. If so this operation may require a dealer code.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    You may run in to the requirement to prime the fuel system after the filter is replaced. If so this operation may require a dealer code.
    Here's what the owner's manual says about priming the fuel system
    "Avoid running out of fuel. Doing so can causedamage to the vehicle's engine, fuel, andemission control systems. If the vehicle does run out of fuel, a minimumof 1.1 gallons (4 liters ) will be required torestart the engine. The vehicle should be leftwith the ignition on for five minutes afterrefueling before attempting to restart theengine. The vehicle will need to be driven 1-3miles (1.5-5 km) in order to reset the enginemanagement and monitoring systems ."

One early thread says that the fuel filter is located on top of the gas tank. The tank needs to be dropped to access the pump and filter. There is an access hole through the body under the rear seat but the opinion was that it is to small to remove the filter through it

Ads