crankshaft sensor position - Page 4

crankshaft sensor position

This is a discussion on crankshaft sensor position within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; You said you changed the "sprocket", are you referring to the crankshaft pulley? If so, did you use the proper special alignment tools required to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: crankshaft sensor position

Super Moderator
    Member #
    You said you changed the "sprocket", are you referring to the crankshaft pulley? If so, did you use the proper special alignment tools required to align the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft position sensor? If not, that may be your problem.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    One more thing to mention, Had taken it apart without the tools the first time, is there a way to set the timing from scratch since I did not lock into position before repair?

Member #
    Sorry Rsquared, did not see reponse. I replaced the camshaft sprocket. I removed the crank pulley and I did not use the special tools on disassembly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The special tools would be used when installing the crankshaft pulley, to align it properly with the crankshaft position sensor. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the instructions for aligning the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft position sensor. Not sure about setting the timing from scratch.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Slawek View Post
    Rsquared, thanks for your help. I have confirmed with my mechanic, he followed the procedure as per manual (he is using All Data manual) and used special tool set from LR dealer. the code P0016 still there. There is NO performance issue or any other problems.

Any other idea , what could be behind the P0016 ?
    My 2012 petrol RR Evoque has EXACTLY the same issue... Bloody annoyed with it all... Curious if SLAWEK ever got his sorted???

Member #
    Hi All, Engine Check ligth still on. P0016 is on. No issues - running strong.
    Ontario emission check cancelled by Conservative government - it was based on the ODB scan J
    Ps. Went to dealer for powering steering bracket recall.
    They found issues for $9K, without looking at OBD code (P0016).
    My master mechanic said it is normal behaviour for 7 years old car, no emergency – we keep eye on the list (if anyone interested I could scan and post estimate for comparison).
    I was impressed by service advisors wearing spotless white shirts ( x3 - 3 advisors waiting for customers)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Slawek View Post
    Hi All, Engine Check ligth still on. P0016 is on. No issues - running strong.
    Ontario emission check cancelled by Conservative government - it was based on the ODB scan J
    Ps. Went to dealer for powering steering bracket recall.
    They found issues for $9K, without looking at OBD code (P0016).
    My master mechanic said it is normal behaviour for 7 years old car, no emergency – we keep eye on the list (if anyone interested I could scan and post estimate for comparison).
    I was impressed by service advisors wearing spotless white shirts ( x3 - 3 advisors waiting for customers)
    Hi Slawek
    Thanks for the update... Pre engine work being done, I had the P0016 and P0017 codes... Post engine work, the P0016 remained. Along with timing parts replacement, I had a damaged intake camshaft actuator... Damn annoying and crazy expensive.
    Anyways - I solved the problem. I no longer own the car - I bought a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport instead.
    Good luck with it all.

Member #
    Can you send me the forum to installing the crankshaft pulley when I removed it I didn't mark the teeth and now at tdc idk where to position the crank pulley at. [email protected]

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 209rangeevoque View Post
    Can you send me the forum to installing the crankshaft pulley when I removed it I didn't mark the teeth and now at tdc idk where to position the crank pulley at. [email protected]
    I have sent you an email with the instructions for the crankshaft pulley to crankshaft position sensor alignment procedure.

Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads