Kahn tuner upgrade

Kahn tuner upgrade

This is a discussion on Kahn tuner upgrade within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; hi all Kahn has a new tuner module out that I bought has anyone out their ever installed a module and removed it to go ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Question Kahn tuner upgrade

hi all Kahn has a new tuner module out that I bought has anyone out their ever installed a module and removed it to go to the dealer for service I have been told that it puts every thing back to factory and is undetectable by the dealer once it is removed

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Name:  IMG_0139.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  1.97 MBName:  IMG_0144.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  1.92 MBName:  IMG_0141.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  1.66 MB

Member #
    I received my new Kahn tuner upgrade and it is very nice quality I will be installing soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    It will be interesting to see how much more performance you get once installed. I assume you will be doing some test runs, before you install the unit, to compare to after the install. Let us know the results.

Member #
    yes I will be doing a 0 to 60 before and after install I hope to have it installed this weekend

Member #
    OK here's the scoop I installed it this morning took about an hour was not bad to install at all most the time I spent just trying to figure out where I was going to keep the unit I ended up sticking it back behind the airbox just laying on top of the fuse box seems to be nice and snug there

my 0 to 60 times before and after 8.1 before and 7.68 after not bad. Keep in mind I was doing these times in drive not sport mode and with my iPhone so they're not exact or probably the best times for the car but it's a good representation in comparison between before and after

I think the real plus though is that when you're on the freeway and you need to step it up to change lanes or pass a car it is a considerably smoother operation then before.
    now with the new power module it no longer has that need to totally lag and downshift three or four gears in order to power up to proceed with the lane change.

No more whip lash for me LOL now with the power module no downshift needed maybe if you hit it really hard it my drop down one gear it just seem to put the power out a lot smoother and stronger The turbo lag seems to be almost nonexistent.

I think if you're looking to improve the performance and drivability this is a five star improvement if you're looking for a car to take on the track or to dragrace with this is probably not the module for you but then again this is not the car for that

That being said I think if Range Rover had put this kind of output in the car right off the showroom floor they would sell a lot more Evoque
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 02-12-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Thanks for the update.

I don't think many Evoque owners worry about fuel milage, but it would be interesting to know if MPG goes up or down.

Member #
    I'm sure it's gone down for now but once I stop having so much fun and get my foot out of the throttle and start driving like normal again I will keep an eye on it . I went for a drive today and it seemed like it even had more power than yesterday so I think it is still Learning and adapting .

up date on MPG I don't see any noticeable deference in MPG unless you are racing around and then it has a impact on the MPG
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 02-21-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: update

Member #
    I went on a road trip this weekend and all went good I had no problems with this power module and it seems to have no problem interfacing with the ECU and I have had no warning lights come on after10+ days I think we have a winner****
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 02-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Member #
    Does the tuning box have a settings wheel (adjustment?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads