safe stand locations?

safe stand locations?

This is a discussion on safe stand locations? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; This may be a stupid question. I understand the four jacking points as shown in the manual. But if I use a scissor or trolley ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: safe stand locations?

Member #

safe stand locations?

This may be a stupid question. I understand the four jacking points as shown in the manual. But if I use a scissor or trolley jack in those locations, there's no room left to place a stand under those points. Are there alternate areas where I can place a stand after the evoque is raised? I don't want to rely on a jack to hold the car up while replacing brakes.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    First: Welcome to the forum.

No stupid questions, that's what the forum is all about, answering questions and trying to help other members.

Below are some pictures and verbiage from the factory service manual.

Name:  jackstand points.jpeg
Views: 1240
Size:  100.2 KB

Position lifting pad of jack beneath the jacking point located on the rear of the front subframe, position 3.
    With vehicle at desired height, carefully lower jack until vehicle rests on axle stand(s), position 1 or 2.

Name:  jack points rear.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  52.7 KB

Vehicles with four-wheel drive

On vehicles with four-wheel drive, position lifting pad of jack beneath the rear jacking point located on the rear differential
    support bracket, position 3.
    With vehicle at desired height, position axle stand(s) as illustration and carefully lower jack until vehicle rests on axle

stand(s), position 1 or 2.

Hope this helps.

Andres likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post

That's perfect. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post

No stupid questions, that's what the forum is all about, answering questions and trying to help other members.

Name:  jackstand points.jpeg
Views: 1240
Size:  100.2 KB

Position lifting pad of jack beneath the jacking point located on the rear of the front subframe, position 3.
    With vehicle at desired height, carefully lower jack until vehicle rests on axle stand(s), position 1 or 2.

Name:  jack points rear.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  52.7 KB

Vehicles with four-wheel drive

On vehicles with four-wheel drive, position lifting pad of jack beneath the rear jacking point located on the rear differential
    support bracket, position 3.
    With vehicle at desired height, position axle stand(s) as illustration and carefully lower jack until vehicle rests on axle

stand(s), position 1 or 2.

Hope this helps.

If that's the level of information that a $15 pdf download from ebay will buy, it's a no brainer for any Evoque owner who likes to figure things out and do as much maintenance as their skill allows.

Member #
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post as well. Like the OP I can't get both my jack and stand positioned under points 1 & 2 in the front and I need some clarification on lift point 3. I've crawled underneath and I don't see anything that stands out like in the other locations. Is there a specific point back there or just anywhere behind the belly pan?

Thanks for the help.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsturgeon View Post
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post as well. Like the OP I can't get both my jack and stand positioned under points 1 & 2 in the front and I need some clarification on lift point 3. I've crawled underneath and I don't see anything that stands out like in the other locations. Is there a specific point back there or just anywhere behind the belly pan?

Thanks for the help.
    +1
    The diagram is not clear on position #3. All I see is a bracket that goes across #3 but looks like it shouldn't support the weight.

Looks like position #1 is made for one of the scissor jacks and not a normal jack with a lever. Can anyone clarify? Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Here you can see how to jack up the front and rear.

For the front you can put the lifting pad in the rear of that black front subframe

For the rear, I just used the differential. The rear differential support brack has no real estate for the lifting pad. Can someone confirm?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Ads