Service Needed

Service Needed

This is a discussion on Service Needed within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; So the Service Needed warning has come on. Is there a way to decipher what service is needed at home? I do my own fluid ...

Thread: Service Needed

Member #

Service Needed

So the Service Needed warning has come on. Is there a way to decipher what service is needed at home? I do my own fluid replacement and reset the light the last time, @2k miles ago.

thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Not sure what year your Evoque is, but it should have come with a "Passport to Service" booklet. This booklet lists all of the required things, as well as a looooooong list of items that JLR want you to check, at mileage and time. I'd take a look to see if you have this booklet.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Not sure what year your Evoque is, but it should have come with a "Passport to Service" booklet. This booklet lists all of the required things, as well as a looooooong list of items that JLR want you to check, at mileage and time. I'd take a look to see if you have this booklet.
    Thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned the year, 2012. I'll check for that booklet and go from there.
    thanks again

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    I was able to locate the Passport booklet. It looks like it may be the warning for the 65k oil change. Vehicle just turned 65k the other day. It is possible that when I reset it the last time it did not take.

there are no other warnings visible.
    thanks again for the help

Member #
    I need to reset my service indicator on my 2016. Anything I find online seems to relate to the previous years. I have my oil changed earlier than the recommended 10,000. The owners manual does not seem to cover this. Suggestions anyone?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Sonomadoug, Have a look at the thread below, post number 19. The procedure changed with the MY14. Not sure if it is the same as the MY16, but doesn't cost anything to give to a go.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...d-message.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomadoug View Post
    I need to reset my service indicator on my 2016. Anything I find online seems to relate to the previous years. I have my oil changed earlier than the recommended 10,000. The owners manual does not seem to cover this. Suggestions anyone?
    Were you able to reset the service indicator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I"m afraid not. One of the steps in the software has changed apparently. Maybe for MY16?

Ads