Oil Leak

Oil Leak

This is a discussion on Oil Leak within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi All, Bought a 2017 for my wife, her first "nice" car in her life. Making its third trip to dealer today and I bought ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mstraka

Thread: Oil Leak

Member #

Oil Leak

Hi All,

Bought a 2017 for my wife, her first "nice" car in her life. Making its third trip to dealer today and I bought it 5 weeks ago. My first post on this site was for a dead battery issue we have had a couple times, before the car hit 500 miles. Seems like you let it sit for more then 4 days and you risk dead battery.

I was noticing pools of what I assumed was water under the car in the garage daily as it had been raining alot here. Well last weekend it hadn't rained, pulled the car out and saw the pools again. I reached down and dipped my finger in it and smelled it, OIL. Look under the car and oil is dripping out from the plastic piece under the engine. Everywhere, from one side of engine to other. ONe google search and find others with similar issues and apparently there is risk of damage to turnos with this condition??

The car has 930 miles on it and one month old. Dealer has been very accommodating, but my issue is i live two hours from dealer. Getting service was our biggest concern when by a RR, but i assumed, "how often could we need service on a 60,000 car. Apparently multiple times in one month and under 1000 miles.

I hope these are just one off bugs to be worked out, but my confidence in the car is not good right now.

Name:  20170429_184416644_iOS.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  1.84 MBName:  20170429_184343188_iOS.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  3.53 MB
    Last edited by Go18Go; 05-05-2017 at 07:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Go18Go, Welcome to the forum.

The oil filter is located in the front of the engine directly above the plastic "skid plate". Let's hope it's just that the oil filter isn't seated properly and is an easy fix.

Let us know what the dealer finds.

Member #
    Keep your eye on the oil level. Its simple to remove the skid plate (in your photo.) Doing this may reveal the source of the oil leak.
    Rsquared and ebulang like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Dealer called and said the transmission pan seal has failed and its transmission fluid that has been pouring out. IS the transmission right up front between the wheels? And is transmission fluid amber colored?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Glad to hear the dealer found your problem. Since the Evoque has the engine mounted in transverse direction, the transmission is right up front on the right side of the engine. Since the Evoque doesn't have a transmission dipstick, don't know what the color of fluid JLR uses. Most transmission fluid is a reddish color.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Go18Go View Post
    Dealer called and said the transmission pan seal has failed and its transmission fluid that has been pouring out. IS the transmission right up front between the wheels? And is transmission fluid amber colored?
    I had the same thing happen to mine. The whole pan gets replaced (thought they would just replace the seal, but they replaced the whole thing).

Ads